OT Humor: Gravity is an Unproven Theory

"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under." - H. L. Mencken

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

On this note rocket recovery systems are a thing of the past we as a higher form than the rockets we fly, (except for a known few), shall be able to command them to land as we so deem appropriate. A virtual laying on of hands to safely return our rockets to us. This would also preclude long walks to recover the rocket. Spot landing contests would result in the rocket back to starting position on the rod or rail. Of course there may be drawbacks. One may be a higher form than you and a spiteful jealous one at that and perposely override your command and control and spite your rocket to the ground sharpley. Of course this last would not apply to some individuals as they as a higher form are null and void. OOPS I have already become a spiteful one although not jealous at all. If your rocket should be smote to the ground in a most spiteful way, remember it wasn't gravity at all but a fellow higher being that was spiteful and or jealous of you or your rocket project.

"The Rocket Scientist" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
nitram578

Wow... My eyes are opened! That makes EXACTLY as much sense as Intelligent Design - which says something.

Actually, the mechanisms for evolution are much better documented that those of gravity, so one has to wonder why the creationists chose to pick on evolution first...

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

BTW, the article in fictitious, but well on it's way to be an urban legend.

See

Wayne Johnson

Of course, silly rabbit. But so much on the Onion SHOULD be true...

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

" Smite the word of the mighty Onion, and ye too, shall be struck down from the skies with a fury unbeknownst to those mortals who revere; for 'Vengeance is Mine', so sayeth the faithul; streets shall flow with the blood of the non-believers" excerpt from the Book of Beavis, Chapter 11, verse 2, Line 4:11, Jackson 5

Reply to
bob352

Guess I know just too many people who would take it as fact. People like college professors, reporters, senators...

Reply to
Wayne Johnson