OT: Is this a terrorist threat?

This is why I get concerned about government having too much power in pursuing 'perceived' threats:

Chocolatier Gets Call From Police After Giving Poop Shaped Candy to City Officials

07-16-2003 02:49:PM (Ventura, CA) -- It's not a good idea to make chocolate candy look like excrement and send it to city hall. The "Ventura County Star" says a Ventura chocolatier found that out the hard way. Brian Lane owns Atelier de Chocolat (ah-tah-lee-ay duh show-koh-lah) on Main Street. Lane says a nearby city construction project is making the floor of his business collapse. He's asked the city for help, but so far it hasn't given any. So, he decided to get the city's attention by sending poop-lookalike chocolate. The trouble is, he also got the attention of Ventura Police. They called him and wanted to know if he was "making a terrorist threat." Lane said no, but he would like his floor fixed.
Reply to
David Erbas-White

Did they eat it? ; )

Randy

Reply to
Stephen DeArman

I would have replied why don't you take a bite call me back and let me know you moron.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

James Reyome

David Erbas-White wrote in news:V8jRa.8521$Bp2.7039@fed1read07:

Are you going to smell,eat or even touch an unknown organic substance an unknown person sends you in the mail? Nowdays,even an unexpected package can be a threat;remember the Unabomber?

Reply to
Jim Yanik