OT Just a Test

ISP has a new newsgroup server, just seeing how long it take for this mesage to post.

Reply to
John Karpich

Wow ! That was fast !

John Karpich wrote:

Reply to
John Karpich

You should see it locally almost immediately on your own newsserver. It takes time to "propogate" to other servers. I find that many major services only take a minute or two to propogate nationwide, even worldwide, but some people have ISP's that do not have good newsservers for some reason and messages can take 1-7 hours to appear.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That's my experience also. I would see my own messages immediately with every ISP I've ever used. Some would propogate fast nationwide, while one that I had several years ago *never* made it past the local server. As soon as another service became available, I jumped ship fast!

tim

Reply to
Tim

Reply to