OT Just a Test

ISP has a new newsgroup server, just seeing how long it take for this
mesage to post.
Reply to
John Karpich
Wow ! That was fast !
John Karpich wrote:
Reply to
John Karpich
You should see it locally almost immediately on your own newsserver. It takes time to "propogate" to other servers. I find that many major services only take a minute or two to propogate nationwide, even worldwide, but some people have ISP's that do not have good newsservers for some reason and messages can take 1-7 hours to appear.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
That's my experience also. I would see my own messages immediately with every ISP I've ever used. Some would propogate fast nationwide, while one that I had several years ago *never* made it past the local server. As soon as another service became available, I jumped ship fast!
tim
Reply to
Tim
Never saw it, John. Must be problems.... 6^Þ
John Karpich wrote:
Reply to
Gene Costanza