OT - Kidd class destroyers..?

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9734D0DE7AA7Djyanikkuanet@129.250.170.85:

here's what you were interested in;

Jim Yanik

I'm not saying he would use Taiwan as an excuse. Lob a nuke over Taiwan is like lobing a tennis ball over the net.

Everyone has been warned before and is now being rewarned that I will NEVER seriously discuss politics or religion on rmr. Best you'll get out of me is a few comments. That being the case, if I were you, I wouldn't be getting my panties in a bunch over this stuff.

PS - Anyone that thinks I'm delusional is a moron.

Happy holidays to all.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Congratulations on appointing yourself the new judge of rationality.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Aegis is the most modern integrated sea based defensive system yet devised. Based on the AN/SPY-1 radar and integrated computer/display systems, it can track more threats than any previous system and through a secure data link share tactical information with all other units in the area to include Air force and Ground force commanders. Aegis was devised to counter the Soviet blue water navy and protect high value assets (carrier battle groups) with an umbrella of anti-air, surface, and subsurface sensors and weapons. Primarily designed for defense of a carrier battle group, it does have excellent strike capabilities with the addition of Tomohawk cruise missiles. Based on the SPRUANCE class hull, the Aegis cruisers (Ticonderoga class) are a vital part of the Navy's battle plan and will be for a long time to come. P.s. Arlegh Burke destroyers also integrate the Aegis weapon system and are on the cutting edge of Low observable/minimum radar return design Neat stuff. If you're really interested in this stuff, pony up the big bucks and buy a copy of Jane's Fighting Ships. All kinds of cool info on all the world's navies Jeff

Reply to
Jeff