OT - Last night

Last night found me in CT scan. I had a sudden massive pain that temporarily incapacitated me, for which there is no explanation (yet). I apologize in advance if I miss any posts directed at me for a while. I have never been one to fear death, but having 2 new little girls and a loving wife in my life has given me cause to do all I can to make sure they have a me around.

My hopes and best wishes for all...

Reply to
Duane Phillips

I sincerely hope you're ok.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Been there and done that (minor stroke)...

Hope you feel better soon!

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Hope all is well. Take care of the important things, the zoo that is RMR will survive your absence.

RMR gives me massive pains as well, BTW. ;-)

And eat plenty of chicken soup.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Duane,

Hope you're feeling better soon. Sounds like a good time to build!

I knew he was going to say that! ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Did not.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

You'll be in our prayers. I hope it turns out to be something trivial and easily fixed.

Severe pain ain't fun.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Sounds like me a couple of months ago. Kidney stones was the most likely culprit (lower left or right back pain that is *intense* is often a good indicator of a kidney stone working its way loose). They took x-rays a couple of weeks later, and found nothing. It's likely that I passed the stone in the middle of the night one night about a week after the initial, excruciating, pain.

Reply to
Marcus Leech

A prayer for you my young friend..

Fred Wallace

Duane Phillips wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

I went through a scare like that a couple of years ago. I'll keep you in my prayers. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Inman

you're in everybody's prayers, Duane

I agree, our families are our biggest reason for living.

I tell my wife she has to love me a little less everyday, so by the time I'm gone, she won't have enough love to grieve. I told her I could treat her worse everyday if it would help.

she thinks I'm completely insane, of course, but that's why she married me. To save whatever other girl I would've married if she hadn't said yes. Nice of her to take me out of circulation for their sake, dontcha think? ;)

- iz

P.S.: my wife is my best friend :)

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

snipped-for-privacy@propulsionpolymers.com (Marcus Leech) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

My urologist told me the pain of a kidney stone is not due to its movement. It's due to the backpressure in the kidneys created by the blockage of urine flow. The pain is nature's way of telling you you're at risk of poisoning yourself. But as long your other kidney isn't blockes, you're really ok, just in excruciating pain.

The experimental proof was apparently to get some volunteers to let them clamp down on the ureter (tube from kidney to bladder), which doesn't itelf hurt, but as soon as the pressure built up, gonzo pain.

Often the sudden onset of kidney stone pain reflects the stone's movement from a site where it's not blocking excretion to one where it is. Why they decide to move is one of nature's secrets.

len (been there, done that three times. Need a tee shirt...).

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

No, I ain't gonna say. No, I ain't gonna say it. No, I ain't gonna...

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Aw, go on. You know you want to. ;)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Don't you mean a pee shirt?

steve

Reply to
default

You're already thinking it. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

hey, stay around long enuf to see us on the moon again, OK?

stay well

Reply to
tater schuld

Well, SOMEONE has to make the shirts...