[OT][?]Merry Christmas!

Here's hoping that everyone here has a Merry Christmas, and a safe and happy New Years'.
(I don't think that even Jerry can turn THIS into an Anti-TRA
editorial...)
Len Lekx wrote:

I'll take that bet! :)

as Tim would say, God Bless them everyone.

Anybody gonna be flying after presents?
Joel. phx
(hows that for a ontopic?)

If nothing else, an Estes Snitch on a C6-0. My god son is coming over, and I got him hooked about a year ago.

Joel Corwith wrote:

Building...the kids got several kits for Christmas.
I got Hagerty's Spaceship Handbook.

Cool! Anyone else? The market's pretty well saturated with this group. Most of them are selling through Amazon and other catalogs now.
- Jack
Jack Hagerty ARA Press www.arapress.com
Dang, I WISH I had wrote that!
Joel. phx
I got not'n for Christmas.

On 27 Dec 2003 13:13:11 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@juno.com (Jack Hagerty) wrote:

Got mine _last_ year. Spent this xmas building this from the scale drawing in there:
http://www.nsrg.org.uk/projects/previews/Picture18.jpg
Not a good photo, I admit!
Darren J Longhorn wrote:

Good enough to show a nice looking rocket!
tim
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 16:22:31 -0600, Tim

Thanks! Let's see what it looks like after the test flight tomorrow.
Darren J Longhorn wrote:

Don't forget to give us a report, and good luck! :)
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:24:56 -0600, Tim

It was interesting. Flew it on an H153. Good straight boost, weather cocked a little after motor burn out (gusty 10mph winds). 5.5 second delay was just a little long for my taste. Laundry came out cleanly, but descent rate was high (34" PML chute). Descent rate and lateral drift led to a light to moderate re-kitting on landing ;-) Two pods came off, which look as though they can be easily reattached. I'll post links to pictures when I get them.
Next time I'll either use a bigger chute or two chutes.
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:35:55 +0000, Darren J Longhorn

http://www.nsrg.org.uk/copperknobs/2003/tb3_liftoff.jpg
:-)

That is a *nice* picture, m8.
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck mailto: snipped-for-privacy@yordas.demon.co.uk
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /

Alas, I should have credited Mike Crewe with taking this most excellent picture.
http://www.nsrg.org.uk/copperknobs/2003/tb3_liftoff.jpg

Well, Mike sure knows his way around a camera. That was a perfectly executed pan!
- Jack
Jack Hagerty ARA Press www.arapress.com
On 28 Dec 2003 22:05:48 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@juno.com (Jack Hagerty) wrote:

I think he said it was a frame grab from the video.
P.S. Thanks again for the drawings I built it from ;-)
Darren J Longhorn wrote:

Nice rocket and nice picture. I'm looking foward to seeing the repaired Thunderbird 3 in full war paint!
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:56:43 -0600, Tim

I'm hoping for repair and another flight this coming Saturday. Won't be painted though.