[OT][?]Merry Christmas!

Here's hoping that everyone here has a Merry Christmas, and a safe and happy New Years'.

(I don't think that even Jerry can turn THIS into an Anti-TRA editorial...)

Reply to
Len Lekx

I'll take that bet! :)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

as Tim would say, God Bless them everyone.

Reply to
almax

Anybody gonna be flying after presents?

Joel. phx

(hows that for a ontopic?)

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Uh, mmm, oh forget it.

Merry Christmas!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If nothing else, an Estes Snitch on a C6-0. My god son is coming over, and I got him hooked about a year ago.

Al Gloer

Building...the kids got several kits for Christmas.

I got Hagerty's Spaceship Handbook.

Reply to
Tim

No flying here - got the nasty flu!!!

Reply to
Stephen Corban

Cool! Anyone else? The market's pretty well saturated with this group. Most of them are selling through Amazon and other catalogs now.

- Jack

Jack Hagerty ARA Press

Jack Hagerty

Dang, I WISH I had wrote that!

Joel. phx

I got not'n for Christmas.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Got mine _last_ year. Spent this xmas building this from the scale drawing in there:

a good photo, I admit!

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Good enough to show a nice looking rocket!

tim

Reply to
Tim

Thanks! Let's see what it looks like after the test flight tomorrow.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Don't forget to give us a report, and good luck! :)

Reply to
Tim

It was interesting. Flew it on an H153. Good straight boost, weather cocked a little after motor burn out (gusty 10mph winds). 5.5 second delay was just a little long for my taste. Laundry came out cleanly, but descent rate was high (34" PML chute). Descent rate and lateral drift led to a light to moderate re-kitting on landing ;-) Two pods came off, which look as though they can be easily reattached. I'll post links to pictures when I get them.

Next time I'll either use a bigger chute or two chutes.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

:-)

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

That is a *nice* picture, m8.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

Alas, I should have credited Mike Crewe with taking this most excellent picture.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Nice rocket and nice picture. I'm looking foward to seeing the repaired Thunderbird 3 in full war paint!

Reply to
Tim

one of these days i am gonna buy two. one i'll donate to the local library and announce to the club is there. that way they won't borrow mine!

Reply to
tater schuld