[OT][?]Merry Christmas!

Nice pic. The rocket looks vaguely familiar, what is it based on?

Reply to
RayDunakin

I'm hoping for repair and another flight this coming Saturday. Won't be painted though.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Thunderbird 3

I've still got to add the "radiator fins" and paint it.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

If you're serious about this (and I have no reason to doubt it), let me know when you order because library's get 35% off.

- Jack

Jack Hagerty ARA Press

Jack Hagerty

Well, Mike sure knows his way around a camera. That was a perfectly executed pan!

- Jack

Jack Hagerty ARA Press

Jack Hagerty

Did you build that from the data drawing accompanying the chapter, or from Tom Beach's plans at the back? I noticed that the pod tubes are cylinders rather than the truncated ogives of the original.

FWIW, there's a couple of photos of a TB3 in the inner front cover of the curent S/R. It was built by one of our club members who scaled it up from Tom's plans.

- Jack

Jack Hagerty ARA Press

Jack Hagerty

I think he said it was a frame grab from the video.

P.S. Thanks again for the drawings I built it from ;-)

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

I worked from the drawings, but made the same rationalisation that Tom did for the pods. I picked a diameter between the greater and smaller diameters on the drawing. Approx 54mm external diameter, because it was what I had.

Apart from the motor mount (PML 38mm) and the nose cone (LOC) it's all made from junk cardboard tubing, scrap plywood and glassed cardboard.

So there are. I missed that!

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn