[OT] Patriot Act renewed

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:21:59 -0700, David Erbas-White

From the eyewitness report I read, they were closer than that.

I've seen agents here in the US practice at a gun club and while they are moving empty a clip into head shots on silhouettes at 25 yards.
They seem to be training to do head shots for a reason.
My town has many expert marksman civillians, so I hope our agents are as good or better ;-)
UK special agents are best of breed I hear, like special forces.

In da hood, quantity makes up for lack of quality. 8-)

To prevent an effective legal defense and any chance of a civil lawsuit based on information contained inside the head.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Don't worry jerry, your safe. Everybody knows there's nothing of value inside your head.

You can't stay on ANY topic can you?
What about a dead-man's switch? I would think that would be the perfered method.
-Aaron
Aaron wrote:

Yep, but these guys appear to be having some technical difficulties at the moment. I guess thay'll get the refinement if they are allowed to go on.
G.
--
Graham J. Platt
graham (a) bowhunter (d) demon (d) co (d) uk
Aaron wrote:

SHHHHH!, don't give anybody any ideas.
Dave Grayvis wrote:

Oh, I dunno. It might be interesting to see the BATF test them for effectiveness.....I mean that their job to regulate various boom-booms and toys, right? Bet they'll have better success than they did with our "WMD's" ;-)

And what about the deadman type switch, where if the guy is killed, the switch is released and the bomb goes off.Shooting the guy in the subway could just as easilly have triggered a bomb, as prevented it from being triggered.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the principles of a democratic society, accountable government and international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner consistent with the Constitution.
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

I suspect that they tried that one time and had problems with their mule forgetting to hold down the switch and detonating on the car ride to the drop off point. I recall hearing about detonations being reported in Gaza or the west bank where they found 2-3 bodies (or bits thereof) in a taxi or other similar vehicle and the evidence was that a passenger what the center of the explosion.
--
Dana Miller

From what I heard of the incident, it sounds like a job well done to me.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

Well yes, the execution was well done, outstanding marksmanship etc., it the choice of victim that many quibble about.

They shot ONE.
We shoot people all the time and NOT even when they are running away.
Police brutality at least in CA is wayyy out of hand.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Poor brutalized felon jerry.

If you wanted the Patriot Act in England, all you had to do is let the Germans take over your country and all of Europe in WWII. You could have had this "protection" over 60 years ago.
Sieg Heil!
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
    Voting for "the lesser of two evils" is still voting for evil.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

should be adopted by legislators around the world to pave the way to fight global Terror.

take over your country and all of Europe in WWII. You could have had this "protection" over 60 years ago.

It could be that "national pride" type thing where you insist on doing it yourself, rather than some outsider. That, and they didn't need to have it happen again in WWII, the germanic Angles and Saxons invaded and took over about 1500 years ago (Angles/Anglish/English, hmmmm.....) when Rome pulled out. Of course let us not forget the first area to fall in the Isles to Roman domination is now called Britain proper. Though it should actually be "Prytannia", named for the Prytanni, the dominate CELTIC tribe the Italians met when they started their "trading settlements". You know, celts, though English archeologists insist they never existed so you might not know about them. Like Ireland, Scotland, Wales, etc., THOSE barbaric rabble.
Chuck
Al wrote:

To the detriment of all who remember what freedom was before Fox News started telling us what it "really" is. And we're all from this earth, there's no place to run when the "Patriots" start Acting.

should be adopted by legislators around the world to pave the way to fight global Terror.

And free speech, and the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution.............All hail Big Brother! (hmmm, "1984" was set in the UK, you're in the UK and favor oppresive legislation......What was the old cry 250 years ago? "No taxation without representation"?). One does not give up freedoms to preserve them, not even temporarily. We had higher security during WWII because the citizens acted on their own as free thinking people, without needing a "patriotic" law or Fox News to tell them what to do.

Yep seasoned. Kinda like salt.......in a wound.

Why?
Due respect and all, but it was only 3000 people and only a few buildings.
Yes it was a "moral blow" too, but how a society reacts to that is a CHOICE.
Look at London vs New York.
Nary a blip in UK from fairly agregious and damaging attacks.
911 and the knee jerk reactions to it dumped our entire economy, motivated the overspending of hundreds of Billions of dollars. Yes HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS.
Sounds like the perpetrators obtained the highest leverage of weapons cost to damage ever in history by a large margin.
Perhaps we should defend against THAT!?
Jerry