[OT] Patriot Act renewed

I've always liked a slightly different version of that saying.

- Rick "What, me blaspheme?" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

like Daffy dressed like the man on the container of Quaker Oats?

ROTFL! Hey, now I LIKE that mental image!. It's not the one I had in mind, since I was pulling from Orwell's "1984", but it's great all in itself! This is one of the few sub-cultures I can find creativity in any more....kinda depressing.

Chuck D. (quack quack)

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

"Giving the power to interfere in people's lives to a government is like giving a three-year-old a hammer, they soon discover that everything they encounter requires pounding."

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

True.

Has anyone read the CAFTA thing? In times of dispute, it dictates that a panel or committee will settle arguments, rather than our own judicial system. I'm all for free trade and I voted for Bush but on this one he's dead wrong. This is no different than Clinton trying to put our military control under the direction of the U.N. this one world government crap is just that and the donkeys and elephants are both trying to lead us there.

Reminds me of what my grandmother used to say about boiling a frog. If you try to put a frog in a pot of boiling water it will jump out but if you put him in first and turn the heat up slowly, he'll sit in the pot until he's boiled alive. They know there would be widespread revolt if they try it all at once but if it's eased in little by little, before we realize it, it's done and they are constantly testing the waters.

Randy

<randyolb

like Daffy dressed like the man on the container of Quaker Oats?

Thought you might get a kick out of that.

Reply to
Tweak

The oath of office of a lot of folks is being violated. What is the actual penalty for violating a federal pledge of office?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Revolution.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Is that literally all?

Jerry Irvine

I suspect that they tried that one time and had problems with their mule forgetting to hold down the switch and detonating on the car ride to the drop off point. I recall hearing about detonations being reported in Gaza or the west bank where they found 2-3 bodies (or bits thereof) in a taxi or other similar vehicle and the evidence was that a passenger what the center of the explosion.

Reply to
Dana Miller