OT: Printable Fuller Projection Map?

I've seen a Fuller Projection map / globe - the one that divides the world into triangles that can be laid out flat with minimal distortion, or folded into and isocohedron. It was laid out so all the divisions were made in the ocean, rather than on land. Does anyone know if there is a printable version? The ones I found on the Web all cut into one or more continents.

Reply to
Daniel Kirk

Gee. I cut those words out of your message, pasted them into Google, and lo and behold these linke popped up:

Try it some time.

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

How phunnie is that? Too much technology :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Not true. The very first link gives you a link to a game that is printable when you get it together. See this link right below the map:

"Test your skills "the buckymap puzzle"

Click on the graphic of the map... play the game... it actually *tells* you to print it out, cut it out, and make a globe... I am playing with one now (now if I could only find my cardstock paper, I'd print one across 3 or more sheets and make a bigger one to hang from the ceiling...). It even has tabs on it to help you assemble the... er... globe... er... geodesic globe.

Just in case you couldn't find it, here's the direct link:

~Duane Phillips.

message

Reply to
Duane Phillips