OT: RIP Andre Norton

I always loved her books.

or

Bill Sullivan

"When a man dies, a library burns to the ground." - African Proverb

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

How sad she will be missed. This one author probably did more to introduce me to Science Fiction than any other. I remember buying her books through the Weekly Reader Book Club. I will have to re read the first book of hers I bought Star Man's son, 2250 A.D., because I still have it.

Reply to
Bill Richardson

It was her books who fueled my early years of Sci-Fi reading and to this very day I watch for some of her older ones so I can read them again. The one of hers I've always kept on hand is "The Last Planet".

-- The Lone Sidewalk Astronomer of Rosamond Telescope Buyers FAQ

Starlord

I always considered her books to be "space romance novels", but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy them. And with every fall of the icons we are left with.......mass media's tripe. Sorry, Borg-boys, but you're just going to have to assimilate THIS!

Reply to
Zathras of the Great Machine

I designed and built and have flown a model rocket named the 'Solar Queen' after one in her books. Now it will be put on display in her honor.

Reply to
Starlord