OT: ST Enterprise Gets the Ax

A sad say for geekdom.

Bill Sullivan "Propane is for the weak and timid. A true warrior cooks with charcoal."

- Worf's Targ Barbecue Book

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Not really a suprise, though.

Didn't understand scheduling it against Stargate, either. One would think there are non-scifi programs against which to schedule.

Reply to
Tweak

Being cancelled is a badge of honor for a ST series.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Only if it gets a syndication deal later on... :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

It's days where numbered when they moved it to friday night, that is always a doom slot.

They've just about run dry with ST anyway, same old...same old.

I'm waiting for the new Babylon 5 movie that's in the works.

Reply to
starlord

It's already sold into syndication.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

I cant wait until Stargate Atlantis hits Canada. I'd love to copy that rocket auv.

Reply to
Mike

It's about time. :-) Where'd you hear this, and where can I find out about it?

Reply to
Len Lekx

You mean the Jumpers? Or the Wraith attack-ships? :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

Reply to
Mike

I get the B5 newsletter and the project has been in the works for a few months, with one of the cast members passing away, they have to re-write it a bit. JMS himself lets out any news about it when he's not on one of the other projects.

Reply to
starlord

You're talking about the Ancients' Drones, right...? :-) They shouldn't be too hard to model. An elliptical airframe, with the spines in back for stability... kinda like a flying Sputnik model.

Reply to
Len Lekx

I barely watched it..... shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

That's the only reason it got a 4th season, for the syndication deals that would come. They sold the episodes this season for a bargain just to get them made and on the air for syndication. I can't remember the specifics of why a 4th season of a show makes it more valuable for syndication, but it does. The show had a lot of potential that was just never going to be realized with the folks in charge. They should take notes from the production of the new Battlestar Galactica, IMHO. Also it was buried on a network that not a lot of people watch. Selling the show into syndication to begin with (like ST:TNG) would have probably built a larger following. DDP ______________________________________________

the hottest model rocketry products on the 'net.

Reply to
DDP

I'm slightly ashamed to say, neither did I. I was a huge TOS and NG fan, but DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise all left me kind of cold.

Gene Roddenberry once said that he wanted to portray a humanity that had evolved past interpersonal conflicts in Next Generation. That's what I liked best about it; the threats and conflicts were mostly external. The later "non-Gene" series moved away from that.

I'd watch Enterprise when it was on and I remembered, but it seemed to be frequently pre-empted; and I could never tell if they'd be running a new episode or a re-run. The move to the Friday "time slot of death" was exactly that.

Oh, well. Darned ships had no fins on 'em, anyway.

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

NG was a politcally correct snoozefest. I moved away from it.

;-)

Reply to
Tweak

I liked the original,TNG and Voyager.... 7of9 ??????

and she grew up here in Kentucky at Ft.Campbell........and Paducah..... maybe its a "homeboy" thing........

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Wash you mouth out with soap. The REAL Battlestar Galactica was far better than that pile of crud they've pushed onto the sci-fi channal as BSG.

It should get the AX at light speed.

I'll wait for the next Babylon 5 movie to be made.

Reply to
starlord

Paramount made up Deep Snore 9 only after Babylon 5 aired.

Reply to
starlord

It is on in Canada. Monday nights at 7 pm on Movie Central. We actually get the episodes ahead of the US. They had the season finale on Monday.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Rempel