OT: The Geek Test

In my case it was Minuteman...

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Darn, only 38.85602% - Major Geek

Hmm...

David Erbas-White

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Aragorn's main squeeze, IIRC.

No problem. As long as they dont make The Doctor a woman. Ya gotta have SOME standards!

Is there an award for thread drift?

I went to see The Fellowship of the Ring on my 50th birthday. A true geek will appreciate the significance of this.

Ring-a-ding-a-dillo! Bill Sullivan

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

I never got one, so no :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I'm almost afraid to post it but my score was 72.38659% - Geek God.

Reply to
Rocky Firth

I really don't believe in these tests... But, I feel like I belong to this group so I took this test...

56.21302% - Extreme Geek

I probably could have scored higher if I said my wife is a geek. She's much too nice be labeled such, though. But I suspect that given she gets the 5 extra boxes as well as checking off that she's married to a geek, she might beat me. :*) She just looked over my shoulder and said "But I would never do that, dear." QED

Cheers, Craig

Craig R. Saunders, crs at MaxThrust.net,

News and Information for model rockets and high-power rocketry

Reply to
Craig R. Saunders

Hmmm, another thing to add to my Geek update list. I've got one too, just don't put it in my sig. Got it back when you still needed code for a Tech...

Looks like the first one to top me...

Bob Kaplow

Actually, I saved the thing to a file. In one reference it is Clarke, in the one you quote, it's Clark...

Bob Kaplow

I would have had Spaceman Spiff boxers several years ago but my 22 yearold son stole them from under the Christmas tree before I got to them.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

snip long list of 1960s-1970s stuff

That's getting pretty redundant--any self-respecting [computer] geek our age would has done most of that :-)

But if you really want to add more, you could include:

the computer business before 1980

How about adding stuff in other areas:

Oscilloscope Crystal radio Any test instrument with a nixie tube display More than three soldering irons (and knows which to use when) Bought and successfully installed replacement parts for a consumer electronics item (clock radio, VCR, TV, etc) Home made telescope

Can name the Mercury 7 Can name the Mercury spacecraft

--tc

Reply to
Ted Cochran

Here's the scary part--I ran into a middle-school history teacher (and for the 'gifted' students!) who had never heard of the Mercury program...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I loved the Circuit Cellar articles. BYTE was a really good magazine in it's early days.

Reply to
Gary

That's about the capacity of the 8" diskettes I used at one time... :-)

Reply to
Len Lekx

The "Circuit Cellar" has been a mag unto itself for 10-15 years! "Circuit Cellar, Inc" - I see it in the rack at B&N, and did have a subscription for a few years!

Reply to
AZ Woody

I used more than you did!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I'm not worthy!

actually, I'm not surprised with your answers to my suggested Geek Test additions AND Bob K.'s !

- iz :)

Rocky Firth wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I think Mr. Firth has us all beat bad!

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

anyone remember floppirs with hard format holes?

- iz

Len Lekx wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I think I had both kinds at one point or another.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I refuse to take the test. I do not want to be (outted as) worthy, and this thread scares me!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine