(OT) those idiots...

Its things like this that makes me wonder about the muslims screaming for tolerance in western lands but wont give any tolerance in THEIR lands. I mean in the US and most free countries anyone can be a muslim and worship and pray without fear of violence from the officials, but go to church in Saudi arabia, and you're f***ed. Of course girls cant defend herself against rapists apprantly...

-- TAI FU

Reply to
tai fu

This is not surprising. It's an example of what happens when religious doctrine and entities are allowed to become part of a nations civil and criminal law and it's application. Some how our founding fathers in the US understood this perms well. All religions, (Christian, jewish, Buddhist, Hinduism, and the latest scourge muslim, etc.), have been used at one time or another to support or institute secular governments.

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Who said anything about tolerance? Recent events have shown at least the most vocal muslims aren't interested intolerance, or even respect; they want no less than accedence to their beliefs by everyone in the world.

Still, it's nothing new - many religions at some point decide (either locally or globally) that it's "My way or the heavenly highway."

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

But what makes them look absolutely inept is the fact that one million protestors don't have the power of one cartoon. Of course, an observation such as this is lost on them in thier fundamentalist fog.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Scott Schuckert wrote in news:110220060916598412% snipped-for-privacy@aol.com:

Islam is "Die,convert to Islam,or pay the tribute tax".(and suffer)

I'm not sure,but IIRC,Buddhism is not that way,they're pretty pacifist.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

aint the US great?

hey TAI, this isn't really the place to rant about it though. not saying that it isn't a bad thing, but it really isn't related to rockets.

Reply to
Tater Schuld

Except for Islam...very few religions resort to bombing embassies, etc., when their own inherent weakness in character makes them feel "offended". When it was "in vogue" to portray "a crucifex in urine" in "art" galleries...I do not recall Christians blowing up buildings, murdering school children, hijacking aircraft, etc.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Well there are the abortion bombings......zealots in any form are evil.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

If religion teaches us to love each other and that killing is wrong, why do so many religious zealots murder others?

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

I think they are just crazy flawed humans, and the religious affiliation is just incidental.

However, God did tell his chosen people, some time after delivering the ten commandments on stone tablets, "Here is the land I promised you. Now go in and kill every man woman and child." Of course God's chosen people rebelled by making some peace treaties instead.

Jesus, had a kinder and gentler approach, but that did not stop a corrupt church from the Crusades and other atrocities. There are enough crazy flawed humans in all sectors of religious and secular organizations that you cannot make religion, even Islamism, as the root cause of murder.

Reply to
Alan Jones

Why do you think it's incidental?

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Chuck Rudy wrote in news:h0pHf.10363$0H1.8957@trnddc04:

Those were mostly single persons or very small groups,not widespread rioting,school bombings,or assassinations around the world.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Alan Jones wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Now if they actually did that,then where did all the "Palestinians" come from? I recall that the Jews had to battle the Philistines.(David and Goliath)

Religion lends itself quite well to the manipulation of their believers. They always accept -someone- as their Prophet and accept whatever that person claims "God" said.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"Tater Schuld" wrote in news:sIoHf.95$ snipped-for-privacy@fe04.lga:

I read somewhere that because the US Islamics are educated and have opportunities to better themselves,they can realize how good they have it here compared to any Islamic-ruled country.Those countries lack of freedom do not foster good education nor create opportunities for poor people to better themselves.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

The point seems to have been missed. :-(

How about 'offended' like Jim Jones?.....what happened to the kids? Very small? Only, what? 600 or so?

David Koresh? Or should it be God David? Kids murdered again. But that was less than 100 making it small.

Need I go on?

Add to that the Christian zealot behind the Patriot act.....which only ruins lives.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I would not lump Koresh in there. That Was Billy Boy missing using Government Agency and Troops in violation of Posse Commatotas(SP?) Remember at the time BATF had no arrest cappabilities. It had to ask for warrants to do so. There pervue was not child molesting. Thye could not show he had weapons he could not legaly posses.

Dennis

Reply to
D&JWatkins

True, but Koresh could have negotiated a settlement of some type. He chose to be a zealot. He could have surrendered all the kids and women. He chose to be a zealot. He could have done any of a million things. He chose to be a zealot.

Zealots are evil, whether religious or political or economic or any combination......but they seem to rule the Earth in one way or another. LCS rules the globe, and a nation.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

As much as I think that everyone involved in the Patriot act should be impeached and charged with treason, it predates 9/11 by several years. it was actually written under Janet Reno, but was so unconstitutional and objectionable in its police stae powers that no one would consider adopting it. 9/11 was jsut the excuse that was needed to ram such an unconstitutional piece of crap through. it's almost aas if the JBGTs wanted 9/11 to happen so they could get their police state legislation passed.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Koresh was still a case of kids and innocent bystanders being murdered. The murders were the government agents. There is no statute of limitations on murder.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Yup, Koresh was a religious zealot. And the government agents were mass murders.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow