[OT] Those pesky elections

Democracy just works so much better when we don't have those divisive and expensive elections to keep us from doing what we know the people want to be done.

Franklin predicted it. Mars anyone?

Brad Hitch

Reply to
Brad Hitch

I'm not sure whether I like the idea or not. Having run for school board in a 15k student district with a budget of $100Million+, I saw how manipulative local teacher unions can be in stacking local school boards. They fund candidates, run their campaigns and pull their strings post-election. I also know where they find their recruits, the local PTAs. The same organizations that will be filling the new spots. What goes around, comes around, I guess.

Mark Simpson