OT - Where to get electronic parts?

I know there are alot of tinkerers who fly rockets and maybe someone can give me some good leads...

I need to order 8 TIP41 power transistors. The place where I used to order alot of hobby parts, MECI, has gone down hill. They used to sell speaker drivers, parts, batteries, ICS, motors, etc. Everything to make your own robot or whatever. Not they don't even have a catalog (I know, I just got off the phone with them) and their web site is really bad.

So now I am looking for a good hobby electronics place where I can order my transistors without having to place like a $50 min order. Places like Digikey are nice but don't carry alot of the hobbist type stuff. Any other surplus parts internet sites I can check out? Besides transistors, I am looking for tweeters and scope probes.

Thank.

Joe C.

Joe Cacciatore

Khim Bittle

joeC:

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I've ordered from Mouser and Digi-Key, but it's been a while. I think Mouser was the one I preferred, but I don't remember for sure.

Tim

Digikey is still a good source for a wider variety of items.

-John

Joe Cacciatore wrote:

Reply to
John DeMar

bit eimer

Also try:

' CAT 5 cables for $9!)

Bob Wiersbe

bit eimer wrote:

Reply to
Robert E. Wiersbe

Just so you know -

works. They had server problems that have been corrected.

Reply to
Len Lekx