[OT] Why are the terrorists being called militants ?

Oh, so you give the benefit of the doubt to an internal military "investigation"? (Whitewash: It's a wall treatment! It's a dessert topping! It's a heartburn remedy!)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

You may be correct but, I hope you're not. We'll probably never know.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Yes, when the alternative (going public) is guaranteed to piss off the entire Islamic world and endanger many innocent lives.

Reply to
RayDunakin

"Committee for State Security"?

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

I remember when Mike Wallace of CBS news said that if he was traveling with the enemy as a journalist and he knew they were setting up an ambush to kill Americans and he COULD warn the Americans, he WOULDN'T....because he's an 'impartial' journalist FIRST...and an American second. (or something very much to that effect) ...aaah, here's the story:

"....Back in the 1980s, a moderator asked a panel of newsmen, including Wallace, what they would do if they were traveling with and covering enemy forces and realized U.S. troops were walking into a deadly ambush. Another panelist, ABC's Peter Jennings, initially said he would try to warn the troops, but the scrappy Wallace disagreed, insisting that his duty as a reporter would outweigh his sentiments as an American. Jennings quickly came around, but U.S. military personnel both on and off that roundtable expressed outrage at the Wallace remarks."

Wallace later backed off a his positi>

Reply to
Fred B

David Weinshenker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

Don't you question the TIMING of the media release of the "prison abuse scandal"??? Just like M.Moore's nonsense about "Fahrenheit 911". (alleged "censorship",and the movie itself,pure crap.[just like Bowling for Columbine])

IMO,it's part of their campaign to discredit Bush as much as possible,to influence the upcoming election.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RayDunakin) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m15.aol.com:

IMO,the media and DemocRATs *WANT* the US to fail in Iraq.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I think Bush and his cronies are doing an excellent job of that themselves.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

No, we want Bush and Cheney held accountable for their crimes against humanity and the Constitution.

Don't bother to answer, I won't debate with you, my only intention is to piss you off....moron.

But ya just got to don't ya.......

Jim Rutkowski Executive Chef TrailerTrashAerospace

Reply to
Jim

David Weinshenker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

Just like any administration,they make mistakes,but IMO,it's undeniable that the media are really out to get Bush. There are other stories that are virtually neglected,but anyhting anti-Bush gets priority.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I was watching the reaction to the Farenheit 911 movie on several networks.

Most notably C-span had LIBERALS on decrying the logical and factual breaks (in exquicit detail with cites - RESPECT) in the movie and clearly stating it does NOT meet the definition of a "documentary".

On the other end of the spectrum, on MTV the kids interviewed believe it hook, line and sinker, and actually talk about changing their votes based on the MOVIE despite what they have observed in Bush's actions in REAL IFE.

Talk about skulls full of mush!

I will not even get into the partison comments on CNN, CNBC, FOX, etc, because they are predictable.

This movie seems to be pure propoganda falsely represented as a documentary.

And it is wildly popular.

Jerry

"You were so clearly one of the leaders of the HPR movement in the early

80s."

- Fred Brennion

'I get frustrated with people who just like to light people's igniter for the heck of it. Those people are rock solid on what they are saying and have no interest in what the truth is or what one has to say. They just want to put forth their view and won't relent until they "win". Oh, well. I don't have the time or patience for people like that."

- Joe C

"FUD stands for "Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt". It rears its ugly head when companies have no legitimate way to criticize a competitor's product, so they use vague inferences to do so."

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Let's see how far we can make this thread drift.

I have no intention of seeing Fahrenheit 9/11, and it isn't because of the obvious bias of Michael Moore. I just hate his movies. They are incredibly BORING!

I had to endure another of his films, "Roger and Me," for a business ethics class. (There's an oxymoron for you!) It took an incredible effort and several cups of strong coffee to stay awake for this turkey. Ironically, I agreed with the premise! It was simply a lousey movie!

I love documentary films. I find them interesting. I sat through a 9- hour special on Air Force One that would have snoozed out a roomful of coke fiends and I loved it! But I hate Moore's pitiful work.

My nightmare would be a Michael Moore film that criticizes the ATF.

Bill Sullivan

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Dead on! What a load of crap.

I hope the guy uses some of his proceeds to visit Jenny Craig.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

It's all part of a vast left-wing conspiracy.

Hey, that sounds familiar!

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

*I* was gonna say that!

This weekend my wife mentioned how much GWB resembles Alfred E Neuman. I suggested she make an Alfred "W" Neuman poster.

Bob Kaplow

I thought the government put Dr. K. out of business...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

WOW!!! Folks wishing me ill after only a couple posts. Did my rapier-like wit sting a little? Or are you just a bunch of boorish cretins who would try to intimidate folks who don't agree with you?

How very republican of you.

This is fun, your turn.....

Jim Rutkowski Executive Chef TrailerTrashAerospace

Reply to
Jim

Even better.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

So why don't you try to annoy me? :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I misspoke, it's mean-spirited bullies I dislike.

You Da Man Jerry.