[OT] Why are the terrorists being called militants ?

What "outright lies" have been documented to exist in this film (other than the ones uttered by Bush & Rice)?

At Moore's site

there is a complete scene-by-scene bibliography and set of references that documents everything in the movie.

Yes, he leaves some things unsaid, and intercuts some scenes in a manner that can give an incorrect impression, but I have not seen any published item that was able to show anything that was an actual lie in the movie. Even the most rabid right-wingnut writers have not been able to document any falsehoods.

Reply to
Anonymous

I should have said "Bowling" is my favorite of the three, rather than saying it is Moore's best film.

Reply to
Alan Jones

If only Bush, Iraq, and the war were fictional... ;)

I was not impressed by F911. It is however topical, and I think it is landmark film as the first to so harshly criticize a sitting president in a theatrical release.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Yep. They _should_ have some kind of standards to filter out propaganda being passed off as a "documentary", but then, we _are_ talking about Hollywood here.

Reply to
RayDunakin

If only Bush, Iraq, and the war were fictional... ;)

I was not impressed by F911. It is however topical, and I think it is a landmark film as the first to so harshly criticize a sitting president in a theatrical release.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Because "militant" is a more generic term often applied when the exact nature of the person in question is under dispute.

For the record, though, someone who attacks military targets (or arguably, government targets) doesn't fall under most definitions of "terrorist", even if he uses car bombs.

Scott Orr

Reply to
Scott D. Orr

For all intents and purposes, that is lying!

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

The one thing they have in common is Moore is exploting national tragedies for personal gain and obvious propoganda and "misdirection and obfuscation" experiments.

To call it "art" is a stretch. To call it commerce is not.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"He, who will not reason, is a bigot; William Drumond, he, who cannot, is a fool; Scottish writer and he, who dares not, is a slave." (1585-1649)

- William James

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Thus the war against Iraq.

I haven't seen the movie... not interested.

But the propaganda stuff had been crossing the border at the time. Oddly enough, Bush's speeches were all misinformed crap, as it turns out (that's giving him the benefit of the doubt), repeated over and over.

Go figure.

But that's just one lonely opinion by an outsider looking in. Like the vast majority of people living on planet earth, I didn't, couldn't, wouldn't vote for him (or against him).

Dwayne Surdu-Miller SAROS #1

Reply to
Dwayne Surdu-Miller

David Weinshenker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

No,more deception than truth;Moore edits to show or infer things that did not happen.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

nojunk@this_address.com (Mike Pearson ) wrote in news:1ggxlql.nanme9gxlphcN%nojunk@this_address.com:

I think you will find that Bush's "lies" really came from the leftist media's reporting(interpretation) of what he actually said.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

And then there is "detainee". What kind of political half assed terminology is that?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

The term for that is fraud.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

(I know I'm going to regret this, but...)

What is the term for shipping high-power rocket propellant as 'model aircraft parts'?

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Which name does he post under on rmr? ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Great, just great.....my monitor is coated with soda, via my nose!

Good thing I have a bottle of Windex :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
nedtovak

Following governmental issued papers to the letter.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that's true, why were you fined?

Reply to
Phil Stein

The exact same reason ATF harassed rocketeers. Because they could.

All you have to do is read the DOT order to see it doesn't even pass the smell test.

That FACT in no way reduces the fine of course :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine