Re: OT -- ATF money

This does not reflect my experience. How many ATF people have you spoken to?

>Nice "public servant" attitude there. :P Typical of that particular agency. >They think they answer to no one. > > > >

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Of all the agencies I worked with at the plane crashes I've responded to, I have found that I preferred working with the ATF personnel to having to deal with the media.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

zoot wrote in news:4462jvo4lgb8g3psib0bmr3fib6jprtt7p@

4ax.com:

That's like saying I prefer spiders to scorpions...

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

I've spoken to at least 5 ATF inspectors. Four were very professional and the fifth was a ditz that couldn't find my house from 2 blocks away. I was even guiding her in via her cell phone. I also had to direct her out of the driveway so that she didn't hit a car parked across the street. My 16 year old can handle that maneuver in about 3 seconds.

Mark Simpson

I have not met any agents. I do not know if they were nice guys or not. I was not able to find out. But if these are any example of others, I don't want to meet any more. I am sure there are good and bad in every group.

Karl Perry

Reply to
KG8GC

Spoken to? Lost count while trying to get my application processed. Met face2face? 6 IIRC. They seem to often travel in pairs. The count is low because I've never had an "annual inspection" in 6 years.

Two absolute JBGTs, the kind of folks where if they showed up at your door you'd call the cops. One incompetent idiot, classic definition of "bimbo". The rest varing degrees of competence. Never yet one that knew what "customer service" meant beyond the definition used by a farmer who rents out his prize bull.

Bob Kaplow

If I were working a plane crash, I'd prefer that the coroner dealt with the JBGTs...

Bob Kaplow

Bob, I realize you're trying to make a joke, but you should know that at a plane crash, the coroner deals with everyone. from the lead investigating agency to the janitors.

Never did find out who the 6 letter agents were at the one crash. IRS-???. Those guys scared the crap out of everyone who was there, including the ATF agents. The rescue dogs even cowed when the

6-letters walked by. FBI wasn't on scene yet, and the 6-letters were only there the first day.

Should have written down what was on their jackets, but we were too busy.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

No you should not have! Having those letters written down and not being a lodge member you would have sooner or later met the Great Poomba and that is the last we would have heard from you. See Nothing, Hear Nothing and Say Nothing, Sgt. Schultz had it right all along!

Reply to
Dale Martin

Didn't know any one in the government could SPELL 6 letter agencies...

Bob Kaplow