Latest threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Hoax or No Hoax
Does anyone have the website that dispels whether a warning about something running on the internet is a hoax or not? I just got a warning about a world cup email, and believe that it is a hoax by...
9
9

Battle of Midway Carrier
Hi everyone...a quick question. I've got the Battle of Midway Carrier (Revell) and most of the instructions are straight forward...major problem with the paint instructions though. On a number of the...
1
1

Re: ARM: Review - Miniarm 1/35 T-72BM Component Replacement Sets
: : Upset at what they felt was unfair publicity (the Russians still claim : today that the Iraqis only lost 14 T-72s in combat and the rest were : blown up in place by their crews) : Interesting. So,...
1
1

What ever happened to Eaglewall Plastics Ltd ?
Looking through my copy of Royal Air Force Flying Review (Nov 1960) there's a two-page advert for Eaglewall Plastics Ltd and the logo is definitely the Eagle of Eagle magazine fame. There are various...
1
1

Does Anyone Know Of A Book Or Archive of F view drawings of Subs?
I found a book at Barnes and Noble that had lots of interesting single profile of submarines from all eras. Vessels you know will never be kitted in model form. I am wondering if there are more...
1
1

Selling New York Pilot Boat 1868 Model on Ebay

tom y
i gt the book just fine and i like it.

1/25 Corvette woes...
Is there some reason why Revell seem to be categorically incapable of getting the paint guides of their Corvettes right? I've just had to pul the engine of one of my corvette kits in order to repaint...
1
1

Q on selling model kits
Hi Guys,i was wondering if anybody has ever tried to sell their excess stuff(model kits & accessories) with an ad in their local newspaper? If so,how did you do? Thanks,as
5
5

What's good for recreating brushed aluminum look?
I have an old MPC/Ertl RD-D2 kit, and the chrome plating really irks me. If you look at photos of R2, his head appears more like brushed aluminum, at least to me. So while the FAQ tells me how to get...
9
9

Camouflage upgrading - branches
I would like to add extra feature to my camouflaged tank - tree branches (with leaves). Do you have any tips how to do that? I thought of train modellers accessories but I am worried that HO trees...
3
3

[Rallye car] Looking for a part
I'm looking for a lid of the back coffer (part #24) which is missing in my Tamiya Fiat 131 Abarth 1/20 scale kit. Thanks in advance Chris
2
2

1/24 P-51 wheels
Anyone know where I can get a set of resin (or otherwise, I suppose) wheels for a 1/24 P-51D (Airfix)? Wheel wells would be a real bonus, but I can scratch build these. I checked Jerry Rutman's site...
1
1

Making a mould
I'd appreciate some pointers on how to make a mould. I had some orthotic shoe inserts made, they're of pretty hard plastic. I'd like to make a few more pair, as they're very expensive to buy, custom...
13
13

A.B. Charles & Son Pittsburgh, update
From their web site posted June 7th 2006 Let me tell everyone who visits this place that THERE WILL BE a new shop....it may not be fully operational before the end of August but we are shooting for a...