Latest threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

mask
after a childhood of failed attempts, i once again tried that liquid mask stuff on my ju52. it worked. is that stuff better now? it stayed in the panel lines and came off with a toothpick. a damp...

Trashy Model Section At Walmarts
Looks like they're losing the sales war,at least at the one closest to me,these lil' brats just love tearing into the shelfs while mom 7 dad think its unimportant.
11
11

Chinese Flanker
Hi all, Does anyone know what the colours are for the PLAAF SU-27's either in FS numbers or the Humbrol equivalent? Many Thanks Simon :-)
2
2

[Work in Progress on ABMS] French bus Renault TN6 C2
I all, Just a word to tell you I'm posting a French bus Renault TN6 C2 WIP since yesterday on ABMS. The kit is a vintage Heller, 1/24 scale. Cheers

1/48 Humvee?
Has anyone made one of these? How about any other modern equipment for airfields like refuellers, jeeps, trucks? I have the R-M set and I know about the ERTL set.
6
6

USAF tailcode decal sheets? 1/72 preferred.
Do any of the decal manufacturers offer sheets with USAF lettering to make tailcodes? Preference is 1/72. TIA.
1
1

Where to find the Ship Modeling FAQ
Archive-name: models/ships/faq Posting-Frequency: 5 days Last-modified: 1 September 2005 This is the POINTER to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on ship modeling. The FAQ itself is longer posted...

ARM: DML 1/35 Scale US Rangers - Premium Edition
Kit Review: Dragon Models Limited 1/35 Scale '39-'45 Series Kit No. 6306; U.S. Rangers Normandy 1944 - Premium Edition; 224 parts (191 in grey styrene, 28 etched brass, 5 DS plastic); estimated retail...

ARM: DML 1/35 Kingtiger (Porsche turret) - Premium Edition
Kit Review: Dragon Models Limited 1/35 Scale '39-45 Series Kit No. 6312; Sd.Kfz. 182 Kingtiger (Porsche Turret) - Premium Edition; 804 parts (376 in grey styrene, 240 "Magic Track" links, 159 etched...

ju 52 again
the mpc/airfix hu 52 isn't really a bad kit. i like it better than the italieri which has all sorts of fit issues. some of the detail parts are better, so you can rob one for the mpc. bill b sort of...
2
2

What do aviation modelers think of the latest generation of jet fighters?
The Eurofighter, Rafale, and Gripen are all quite attractive, but IMHO the F-22 Raptor and F-35 JSF look like flying boxes with wings. I don't think they will become coveted modeling subjects (if ever...
78
78

Do modelers get laid?
I only seem to get lucky in between projects.
25
25

OT: Anyone else out there getting bombed with Stock bulletins?
Or am I the lucky one? I just spent a half an hour cleaning out the address inbox. There must have been 40 of them. Rich, I also found your X-1 comparison drawing. Great piece and thank you very much....
8
8

Skyway Model Shop auction - ends soon
Emil has some real collectibles in here. All ends Saturday, May 13, starting at 5pm PDT. Check it out: Unusual Aeroclub float set unusual Revell Calypso (Jacques Cousteau) 1/125 Airfix figure set...
6
6

Denver Airport Display
Just got back from the National Hardware Show in Las Wages. As I walked over the skywalk from A Terminal to the Baggage area in Denver, I found a very large display of model engines, both aircraft and...