Best Rated threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ARM - Review - 155mm Howitzers in Canadian Service
Book Review: ?Weapons of War? Series; 155mm Howitzers in Canadian Servi ce by John Davidson; Service Publications, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2012; 2 4 pp. with B&W photos and 1/35 scale plans; price...

ARM: Review - DML 1/35 scale Sherman III DV Early Production
Kit Review: Dragon Models Limited 1/35 Scale ?39-?45 Kit Number 6573; S herman III DV Early Production - Smart Kit; 548 parts (424 in grey styrene, 98 etched brass, 23 clear styrene, 2 DS plastic, 1...

Question: Tank Gun Thermal Sleeves?
What is the working principle behind the thermal sleeves of tank guns? I would have thought that the sleeves will retain heat. After firing a number of rounds won't that cause the gun barrel to...
15
15

Question: Panther tank exhaust pipes.
The exhaust pipes of the Panther tank comes in several combinations. There is the plain single pipe per exhaust manifold and then there are smaller branch pipes on the sides of the main single exhaust...
2
2

ARM: Review - ICM 1/35 scale Soviet Tank Crew 1979-1988
Kit Review: ICM 1/35 scale figure set No. 35601; Soviet Tank Crew 1979-1988; 30 parts in tan styrene; price US$11.95 Advantages: nice, casual poses suited for new Soviet tank kits; optional bareheaded...

Help with a Rapidor Power Hacksaw
Greetings all Have just acquired a Rapidor saw. The old motor really sounds dreadfull and is on its last legs. Its single phase and plated as 0.5 horsepower and is clearly not original. Does this...
11
11

Hobby shops in Berlin?
I'm mainly interested in figures, but would be happy to find any hobby shop. TIA Here you go: High performance Cloud Web Hosting, VPS, and Dedicated Server solutions for bloggers, developers and...
8
8

Academy Mig 29 cockpit
Hi all, just bought the Academy Mig 29, and treated myself to the Aires resin cockpit set at the same time. Couple of questions-anyone know what colour the cockpit interior/ instrument panel should...
4
4

Damn Gunze Aqeous... and Tamiya acrylic
That's it. No more Gunze aqueous colo(u)r in my house. Used their so-called sky on my Wyvern, just a thin coat last Monday. Lousy colour match, nothing like sky. Way way way too pale. Not a problem,...
15
15

We are poor little lambs, who have lost our way, baa baa ... baa ...
Well more of the brainwashing that the left has done upon the youth of our country ... started with the communists of the 30s, then the beat nicks of the 50s ... then the hippies of the 60s, and now...
9
9

Jaguar and sidewinders
I've seen photos of the RAF SEPECAT Jaguars carrying sidewinders both under and over the wings. Keeping in mind that there probably wouldn't be a good reason for them to do so, has anyone ever seen a...
30
30

North American SNJ colour schemes
Sorry to bother everyone but I hope someone out there will be able to point me in the general direction of what is required. I am currently assisting in the restoration to flying condition of a North...
3
3

decanting spray paint for airbrush
I remember not too long ago reading about someone who decants their spray paint for use in an airbrush. How does one go about doing this? Is it done because an airbrush offers control that a spray can...
24
24

Andromeda Ascendant?
Anyone know where I can find a scale model kit of the Andromeda Ascendant from the sci-fi TV series of the same name? :) I've often wondered 'how' they'd make a model of that one. That would be a...
7
7

1/72 Scale Renwal Wright Flyer
Hi, Can someone point me to a review of the old 1/72 scale Renwal 1903 Wright Flyer kit? I'm curious as to how it builds up. Also if anyone has a complete kit in a trashed box they would like to sell...
15
15

Paasche VL: how to get stuck tip out of aircap?
basically i just smashed the hell out of my #3 tip trying to get it out of the air cap so now i have to buy a new one. I couldnt get it out till finally i used a little clamp i had and smashed it out,...
2
2

Auto-Etch Benchtop Photo-etch System
Several years ago ('96 I think) I bought the Auto-Etch system from Auto-Etch P.O. Box 12921j Philadelphia, PA 19108 Ph. 215 751 1060 FAX 215 751 0025 The goal was to make some 1/700 scale detailed...

1/144 Entex Concorde
Any thoughts on the quality of the model or its parentage? Bill Banaszak, MFE Bill, I have the 1/100 Entex Concorde. Part of there series of 1/100 airliners.Did not know they made a 1/144 version. I...
8
8

Photo Etch aids
Hi, OK I am tempted to add a photo-etch kit to a 1/35th model, say the Tamiya Merkava kit. The kit is £13 and the Eduard photo etch set is £14. Deliberately chosen as the kit is cheap as chips so if...
20
20

Is 54mm the same as 1/35 scale?
What is the formula for converting the scales? Some kits are described as 54 mm, 70mm, etc; others as 1/35, 1/24, 1/48, etc. I know this is a dumb question, but how can I match these up so I can make...
9
9