Best Rated threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Reginald Denny's Hobby Shop
Does anyone remember the Reginald Denny's hobby shop that existed in the Hollywood area until the late 70s? I learned from a website devoted to Reginald Denny that he opened his hobby shop on...
38
38

ARM: Review - DML 1/35 scale Tiger I Early Produciton - Wittmann's Command Tank
Kit Review: Dragon Models Limited 1/35 scale '39-'45 Series No. 6730; Tiger I Early Production VI Ausf. E - Wittmann's Command Tiger - Smart Kit; 805 parts (753 in grey styrene, 27 etched brass, 21...

(Paint) Airfix colour G14 Dove gray
Hi all, I have an old Airfix 1/24 Harrier kit, and the paint reference it gives for the interior is Airfix G14, described as Dove Gray. Could anyone give me the Humbrol or Model master equivalents for...
2
2

Is 54mm the same as 1/35 scale?
What is the formula for converting the scales? Some kits are described as 54 mm, 70mm, etc; others as 1/35, 1/24, 1/48, etc. I know this is a dumb question, but how can I match these up so I can make...
9
9

Airbrush Connection to CO2 Tank
I appreciate all the help with my previous posts over the past few months. This forum is proving to be very helpful! And now for one more dilemma to see if the crowd has an answer. I'm a homebrewer...
7
7

Shep Paine Diorama Sheets and Monogram
I was viewing a page that had all the old armor "How to Build Dioramas" inserts. Unfortunately there were none of the non armor inserts shown. Sure had fun viewing them and was wondering if anyone...
12
12

ARM - Review - 155mm Howitzers in Canadian Service
Book Review: ?Weapons of War? Series; 155mm Howitzers in Canadian Servi ce by John Davidson; Service Publications, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2012; 2 4 pp. with B&W photos and 1/35 scale plans; price...

ARM: Review - DML 1/35 scale Sherman III DV Early Production
Kit Review: Dragon Models Limited 1/35 Scale ?39-?45 Kit Number 6573; S herman III DV Early Production - Smart Kit; 548 parts (424 in grey styrene, 98 etched brass, 23 clear styrene, 2 DS plastic, 1...

Question: Tank Gun Thermal Sleeves?
What is the working principle behind the thermal sleeves of tank guns? I would have thought that the sleeves will retain heat. After firing a number of rounds won't that cause the gun barrel to...
15
15

Question: Panther tank exhaust pipes.
The exhaust pipes of the Panther tank comes in several combinations. There is the plain single pipe per exhaust manifold and then there are smaller branch pipes on the sides of the main single exhaust...
2
2

Help with a Rapidor Power Hacksaw
Greetings all Have just acquired a Rapidor saw. The old motor really sounds dreadfull and is on its last legs. Its single phase and plated as 0.5 horsepower and is clearly not original. Does this...
11
11

Hobby shops in Berlin?
I'm mainly interested in figures, but would be happy to find any hobby shop. TIA
8
8

Academy Mig 29 cockpit
Hi all, just bought the Academy Mig 29, and treated myself to the Aires resin cockpit set at the same time. Couple of questions-anyone know what colour the cockpit interior/ instrument panel should...
4
4

We are poor little lambs, who have lost our way, baa baa ... baa ...
Well more of the brainwashing that the left has done upon the youth of our country ... started with the communists of the 30s, then the beat nicks of the 50s ... then the hippies of the 60s, and now...
9
9

Jaguar and sidewinders
I've seen photos of the RAF SEPECAT Jaguars carrying sidewinders both under and over the wings. Keeping in mind that there probably wouldn't be a good reason for them to do so, has anyone ever seen a...
30
30

LAU-68 rocket pods in 1/72 scale?
Hello, I want to hang a couple of LAU-68 7-shot pods from my Academy OV-10. I've been able to locate a couple of them in my stash (from the Airfix O-2 kit), but they are very "eh" in quality. Did...
2
2

North American SNJ colour schemes
Sorry to bother everyone but I hope someone out there will be able to point me in the general direction of what is required. I am currently assisting in the restoration to flying condition of a North...
3
3

decanting spray paint for airbrush
I remember not too long ago reading about someone who decants their spray paint for use in an airbrush. How does one go about doing this? Is it done because an airbrush offers control that a spray can...
24
24

1/72 Scale Renwal Wright Flyer
Hi, Can someone point me to a review of the old 1/72 scale Renwal 1903 Wright Flyer kit? I'm curious as to how it builds up. Also if anyone has a complete kit in a trashed box they would like to sell...
15
15

Wood decks on plastic ship models
I'm getting ready to build the Glencoe Oregon. I usually build plastic airplane kits and this is my first large plastic ship project. I have built plank-on-frame wooden sailing ships and I was...
7
7