Best Rated threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Xtracolor paints
When I use Xtracolor enamels as the finish to my aircraft models I must in many cases eventually use a flat coat to get rid of the high gloss finish of the paint. For years I have used Testors...
9
9

Battleship colors Pearl Harbor
I received an email from another group on some of the latest thinking on Battleship Colors at Pearl Harbor during the attack. It seems historians working the new memorial found archived documents that...
12
12

NEW USS Winslow (TB-5) first look.
Check out the Flagship Models web site to see our next ship release. The USS Winslow (TB-5) was a torpedo boat that was the forerunner of the WW-2 era destroyers. It will be cast in big 1/192 scale...

FS/T - 14 FSM, 2 SAMI, 2 AFI, 3 Combat Aircraft, etc. - US only
I have for sale or trade in the US a collection of magazines. Here's what I've got: Scale Aviation Modeler International; Vol 13 issue 10 (complete, covers Fiat G.91, EF-2000, Hase Beaufighter, and...

Yak-3 -- Sof or Hard Edge Camo
I'm building the Eduard 1/48 Yak 3...what a dream of a kit!! The fit has been outstanding...I've only had to use about a toothpick's worth of putty on the entire kit...if you've never tried an Eduard...
6
6

paint matching for Corgi Astomn Martin DB5
Hi. I'd like to repaint an old Corgi 261 Aston Martin DB5 that I picked up for my son. It is the gold colored one. Would any one know where to get the best matching paint for this? Also, is it a good...

Billing Boats Bohuslan Plans
I purchased a kit of the Bohuslan made by Billing Boats on eBay. This is a very old wood kit and unfortunately the kit was apparently started and is missing the plans, two parts of the decks, the keel...
2
2

Re: HobbyBoss A7-A Corsair
On 3 August, I posted the following to rms: =================== This morning, a parcel arrived from Hobbylink Japan, containing the new 1/72 A-7A from Hobby Boss. Seven days to be delivered from Japan...
32
32

Reissued Hawk Space Models
On a lark, I contacted the resurrected Hawk model company, and asked if they had any plans to reissue their kits of the Convair Atlas orbiting space station and the Vanguard satellite. They said if...
23
23

Waffle zimmerit
Does anyone have a source for a stamp to make a waffle zimmerit pattern for a Stug III? I would like to try making my own rather than the Cavalier or Atak sets.
8
8

Rigging diagrams for Curtiss Jenny JN-4?
I've had an old, bright yellow Curtiss Jenny kit in my garage for several years. I think about finishing it off and on but the rigging question keeps holding me back. I can't seem to find any legible...
3
3

Turpenol ?
Googling for info on Oil Washes, turpenol keeps cropping up as the thinner. What's the UK equivalent? Ordinary Turpentine? Synthetic turps? Turpentine replacement ? T.
10
10

Epoxy Glue and superglue no good brass styrene
I am sure I have read that superglue is the way to stick brass to styrene, or brass to itself, also araldite or similar epoxy glues. Using brand new purchases I applied both correctly and both fail to...
9
9

milliput onto grey primer ok ?
Will milliput epoxy putty (UK modeller) take to grey Halfords primer or does it react in time ? Will my nicely feathered edge with it do something I wish it hadn't ? Steve
12
12

Airbrush Moisture Problem
Revell Gamma compressor; aztec airbrush; moisture trap and filter; lifecolour acrylics. STILL getting moisture problems (even with the filter/moisture trap) after fifteen or twenty minutes of trying...
12
12

Hobby Shops in Ixtapa / Zihuatanejo
Just kidding...........It's time to leave the blizzards / snow blower / snow shovel, put away the glue and xacto knife. The only building I will be doing for the next week or so will be sand castles...
8
8

what does decal solvent do?
the word solvent means to me something not good for decals..... what does it do? I have the testors decal set in my cart and would like to know if I should get this too. thx - Craig
4
4

Wanted: Original Academy/Minicraft RMS Titanic 1/350 instructions
Hi! I recently acquired an Academy/Minicraft RMS Titanic 1/350 model that did not have any instructions with the kit. Does anyone happen to have a set of instructions that they can send me if they...

Help - lost instructions - Airfix Tornado F3
Title says it all really - Has anyone out there got a set of instructions for the Airfix Tornado F3 ( 111 Sqn special ) they could scan and e-mail to me. I know it's a bad kit, but I'm 'throwing...
6
6

AAM Lincoln Mark VII
Does anybody know where can find AAM resin (All American Models) Lincoln Mark VII 1/24?
9
9