Best Rated threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How to put wheels (landing gear) on balsa Spitfire?
How do I attach the wheels and landing gear on a Guillow balsa Spitfire model. Do I punch a hole in the tissue on the bottom of the wing? And where do the "M1" pieces go? The instructions are not too...
4
4

Looking for a kit - help please
G'day all. I am trying to locate a specific kit, the Nichimo 1/20 Datsun 260z 2+2 Fairlady, kit No. MC2094 2500. I have tried all the usual on line places for out of production kits, but to no avail....

PB4Y-2 Privateer Wheel Well Color
Hi Does anyone have an idea or better still a photo of what the Navy painted the wheel wells on PB4Y-2 Privateers in the 3 tone scheme? Were they the same color (white) as the undersurfaces or were...
1
1

1/32 P-47 Decals?
was going thru the stash and found that I have four of the Revell Germany kits. (damn Squadron $9.99 sale!) don't remember buying them twice. anyone else buy a kit too many times over thinking you did...
4
4

Peterbilt Alaskan Hauler
Hi all, I will begin soon to work on a "Peterbilt Alaskan Hauler" with a trailor car transporter from Revell/Monogram. Before to build a model, I always look for a lot of documents to superdetail each...
14
14

Spitfire XVI colour scheme
I would like to build a late-war Spitfire XVI - the clipped wing bubbletop sort. The problem is that I want to built a very basic squadron aircraft. Most of the references I have seen show aircraft...
10
10

Revell "Big Boy" Decals
The decals as supplied with my Revell 1/87 Big Boy Locomotive are all over scale, several will not even fit - especially the loco numbers on the front boards. Has anyone come across a second source of...
5
5

Aurora 1/54 S2F Tracker info
Has anyone built (or re-built) one of these? I just won one on EBay and I know it's gonna take lots of work. Any suggestions on aquiring/scratchbuilding a landing gear? How bad are the engines?
15
15

RAF colour question.
I'm in the middle of an Airfix nostalgia attack, building kits that I haven't made since the 1970's. However, there's one thing that's bugging me and that the colour of the paint that's suggested for...
13
13

Jonesy personal ad
Remember Jonesy, the crook who stole from several rocketeers on ROL? Now he wants a lover. If you want to see his picture, read about his perfect lover, and laugh, go to one of the other victims...

12v Minitool (Bohler) power tools on eBay
Hi, I hope I'm not breaking any rules/offending anyone... Anyways, I bought a job lot of new Bohler precision mini power tools from a local model store that was closing. I've taken the bits I needed...

Re: 1/700 Full Hull Ships Wanted.
voodoo> Hello all! Are there any full hull ships besides Japanese voodoo> in 1/700 scale? I have a couple of nice Dragon 1/700 voodoo> Bismarck and Tirpitz kits. Most others seem to be voodoo>...
4
4

CARZOL Plastics Corp. of Montreal PQ circa 1960
Hi folks, I've been away for a bit, moving from Ontario to New Brunswick... but I've cast my nets at the largest flea market in Canada (Sussex NB) to find a "Japanese Fishing Boat" from CP, kit #...
5
5

Italian MBT Ariete: which colours?
Hi! I must premise that I'm not a really expert modelist. I have recently bought the Trumpeter 1/35 model of Italian MBT Ariete. I don't know which colours to use to paint this tank. The box...
4
4

Resin Drying Tacky
I bought a small tin of clear resin and some transparent blue pigment to make some lightbars for some fire & police models ive been working on, but im having some problems with it - it always dries...
11
11

Aztec Dummy 1/350 Refit Enterprise 1701 Aztec Paint Masks
Check out these interesting paint masks to Aztec the Polar Lights 1/350 USS Enterprise NCC-1701 kit! Cybermodeler Online Welcome to the Internet's most popular hobby and general scale modeling online...
4
4

!&%#$*^^@!! decal problems!
I tried laying down some older Monogram decals (coated with Microscale decal film)and things have gone very wrong. Initially I laid them in a drop of Future because my gloss coat wasn't all that...
5
5

wood glue ? for balsa models
In the 1960's my brother used a glue that I can't seem to find anymore. It was a copperish colored glue that dried very hard on balsa models. I am sure it was toxic as heck. I recently got a large...
20
20

ARM: Review - DML 1/72 scale Jagdtiger
Kit Review: Dragon Models Limited 1/72 Armor Series Kit No. 7250; Sd.Kfz. 186 Jagdtiger Porsche Version; 139 parts (129 in grey styrene, 6 etched brass, 2 screws, 2 in black vinyl); price about $8.95...

SMS Seeadler - Wooden Sailing Ship Model by Billing Boats
Seeadler - Wooden Sailing Ship Model by Billing Boats Model of the World War I German raiding ship commanded by Felix Von Lückner. Possibly the only warship to fight under sail in World War One, and...