Best Rated threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

WANTED: Gravel Hound 58328 Instructions Manual (PDF or DOC)
I have just bought my Gravel Hound 58328 RC car, my first RC car. I got it off eBay and the box was sealed when i got it. The problem is i could never find an instructions manual in the box. I have...
1
1

R.I.P.: Panasonic NE-7650A Microwave
I am saddened to note the passing, at 7:36 tonight, of one Panasonic NE-7650A Microwave Oven, aged 21 years. R.I.P. KL ......sweet lol chip Kurt Laughl damn...was that one of those make a cup of water...
33
33

Testing Epson Durabrite ink to make decals
Just in case someone's interested... Epson says their durabrite ink is fade resistant so I decided to test if it's good to make decals. I printed a solid red area on standard decal paper, clearcoated...
6
6

Revell F-105D
Does anyone know if Revell Monogram's 1/48 F-105D (kit #5840) is the old Monogram offering? The only reviews I can find say the old Monogram kit has serious shape and proportion problems. Do you...
5
5

WD-40 on styrene?
I'm looking to use WD-40 as a barrier for putty/filler. I'm fixing a few kit parts before setting them up for casting/molding, and I want to be able to correct seams and still take the parts apart for...
5
5

you goddam apes
scifi channel Yes, that's the way I feel about them somedays... ;) Bill Banaszak, MFE "Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!" "And you! Stop pelting me with banana peels!" :o) And set...
13
13

square punch for styrene ?
I need to punch many 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" square holes in .018" styrene. Is there a ready made punch set for sale ? If not, how might I go about making a punch/die set ? I have a relatively well...
7
7

Plans/Kit for Wilga 2000
Apart from the very large model (3,5m wingspan) offered by Rodelmodel, does anyone know of plans or a kit iro the Wilga 2000. I'm thinking of something in the 20% scale size ie around 2.2m wingspan....

F-106, 49th FIS Decals
Does anyone out there know of a source for the old Microscale / Superscale 72-092 decal set for 1/72nd F-106, 49th FIS? It's not easy to find because it's out of print and it doesn't seem to be...
7
7

Wood decks on plastic ship models
I'm getting ready to build the Glencoe Oregon. I usually build plastic airplane kits and this is my first large plastic ship project. I have built plank-on-frame wooden sailing ships and I was...
7
7

Slightly OT - models in aquariums
In one recent thread on displaying the Revel U-Boat someone mentioned (maybe tongue in cheek) that he would display his in the fish tank. This brings up an interesting option. A crashed Zero or...
24
24

Academy #1365 British Warrior MCV - Comments?
How is this kit? Have not built Academy armor before... thx - Craig In my opinion this is a beautiful kit. Very fine details, very good precision and a lot of pieces. I built Warrior MCV with the...
3
3

nose weights for Monogram p61 Black Widow.
I have started building a Revell-Monogram 1:48 scale Black Widow. I am told by a very reliable source that I'll be needing some nose weights. My friend has been unable to contact the chap who used to...
7
7

Help...painting 1:35 figures...
Anyone know of any sites that might have steps to painting 1:35 scale figures? I apreciate the help. Thanks. Bck2DFtr There are as many different methods, as there are stars in the sky. The only...
3
3

Anyone using an Automist 2000 compressor
I am considering purchasing one of these and would like to know if anyone has had any experience with this compressor. Thanks Ron R Yep, lasted about 11 months which was 6 months better than the other...
2
2

Trek Kit Accurizing Info
Next kit is a re-build of an early 70's (maybe even 60's) Klingon ship. I see references on the net for Mark Fergel's super-accurizing article for that very kit, which is supposed to be on CultTVMan's...
2
2

Re: Verlinden, Last Straw
Robert Skipper vented his feelings about Verlinden and said a lot of things about their polocies, quality control and general outlook.. Good stuff omitted..... You only have to go back to one of the...
49
49

1/72 Cessna 300, 400 series scale models
I wish to trade or sell following general aviation 1/72 kits (all produced by "Gremlin Models"): · Cessna 335 · Cessna 340 · Cessna 401 · Cessna 411 · Cessna 402b · Cessna 402c Businessliner ·...

Heller's Le Soleil Royal
Hi, Anyone out there built this kit? I just got mine in the mail and it only has instructions in French! (The HMS Victory from Heller had both English and French). Did I just get a box that was...
10
10

Dumas kits
I'm considering building one of their lessor expensive kits of an Unlimited Hydroplane or another kit, not as an RC as I have no desire for that, but as a static model instead. They just sent their...
6
6