Best Rated threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FS-Pocher K73
Alfa Romeo kit for sale. I figured I'd offer it here first before putting it on eBay. Box opened, but only for looking, all parts bags sealed and in place. Photos available(just two, but I can take...

Jolly Roger Car Model?
Monsters in Motion has a car kit called the Jolly Roger, basically a chassis with a boat and sails for the body with a skeleton driving. Am thinking it is a repop from a 1960's Revell or Monogram type...
7
7

Breguet Atlantic colours
I have bought the Revell Breguet Atlantic, aiming to build it for a friend who worked on the avionics. It seems to be well provided with options, including pretty good cockpit and bomb-bay details and...
34
34

AJ-2 Savage..
About 2 weeks ago, I went to the Pensacola Modelers Meeting and I seen a man that had a 1/48 scale model of the AJ-2 Savage plane. It was very nice indeed but it was a resin kit. Is there a website...
1
1

Stuka with Snake fuselage decal
FYI....... I'd always wondered if the old Revell 1/32 kit with the red and white snake decal that runs the length of the fuselage was a real aircraft. (None of my general "aircraft of WW2" type...
15
15

Re: Seen best 1960s military jet today
Details please - I can't find any info. beyond someone owns the manuscript
1
1

Swastika on Bismarck Deck Question
The new 1/350 RevellGermany kit does not have the swastika decal. so, what to do about that? would be shame, at least for me, to build a nice kit and have some nasty hand painted swastika, etc on the...
14
14

Corgi Aston Martin DB5 paint matching
I was wondering if someone could give me advice on finding or creating a reasonable match for the gold paint on the corgi James Bond Aston Martin DB5. I picked up one in rather bad shape and would...
2
2

F4D-1 cockpit colors
Tamiya's instructions say black cockpit, dark gray seat; Cutting Edge says FS36231 (dark gull gray) for cockpit/seat, black for instrument panel/dash/gunsight. Which one is right ? Thanks.
7
7

M110A2 conversion to M110
Looking for references / instructions for converting Italeri kit 291 (M110A2) to Viet Nam era M110. Thanks! Doug
21
21

Anyone Remember the MPF History Kits
Is there a source besides EBAY that might have any of these old vintage kits? I'm looking for the old Arfix/MPC kits in HO scale with the vacuform bases. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks,...
20
20

Squadron v. Tamiya Putty
I think I used the last of my Squadron putty. Never gave a smooth surface. the Tamiya putty goes on smooth and does not need much work except for filing/sanding. I'm gonna quit Squadron unless someone...
17
17

Revell 1/12 Ferrari F2002
New, not opened, $100 or as agreed + shipping costs. Please contact me at Regards, Hrvoje
20
20

Richpen Apollo 113C Airbrush Opinion
Has anyone used the Richpen Apollo 113C airbrush? I would like to get another airbrush and am looking at an Iwata Eclipse HP-C or this one. I currently have a Badger Anthem 155 and Aztek. Thank you...
2
2

Sandable Aliphatic Glue like GLUIT from PICA
Hi, The sandable GLUIT Aliphatic White resin glue from PICA had seemingly vanished. The web site says they are "moving". I have not found a "hard" drying aliphatic glue to take its place but I will be...
5
5

Rotary Tool suitable for modelling?
I already have a Dremel but its kowest speed is way too fast. Does anyone know of a similar cheaper Tool with a variable from 0 upwards speed? km
18
18

dang it, what's that formula to figure out the size of a kit ?
trying to figure out how tall a 1/25 figure would be. lots of jimmy flintstone girl figures on ebay. scale x 12 divided by ??? Craig
4
4

Introduction to Joe Ott model airplane kits 1920-1950
eBay Guide: http://xrl.us/JoeOtt
2
2

Wirbelwind Interior Color
Hi rms'ers. It's been a while but I finally found that I can access this group in google groups! Hurrah! Anyway, I am building a 1/48 scale Wirbelwind using Tamiya's Pz. IV ausf. J and the wirbelwind...
1
1

Liquid Styrene Glues
In the past I've primarily used Testors Liquid Glue. However, it was not hot enough for me and I always had gaps in the weld. I tried Tenax but it left bubbles in the weld that showed as pits when I...
9
9