Best Rated threads in Scale modeling discussionsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

MPC Millenium Falcon Assembly Instructions
I currently have the Return of the Jedi MPC Millenium Falcon model and I've seem to have misplaced ANY assembly instructions that were enclosed. Any ideas where I can find a copy? Sincerely Dan
3
3

KELLY'S HEROES SHERMAN
What model is this thing and does anyone make a 1/72 version that can be modified?
31
31

Model Fire Engine featured on Blue Peter (UK)
I'm writing concerning a large scale working model fire engine that was featured on BBC-TV's Blue Peter in the 1970s (possibly early 1980s)? The vehicle was about three feet long and featured a...
6
6

Olympos HP100C Airbrush Manual?
Hi All, I'd be grateful if anyone can provide a scanned copy of the assembly manual for the Olympos HP 100C airbrush? I never had one when I got the airbrush via Ebay and have been doing fine until...
2
2

1:72 Fairey Delta 2
I've been making up the Maquette version of this a/c and what a nightmare! The worst part about the kit is the undercarriage. _SO_ badly moulded it had to thrown away. Can anyone recommend a suitable...
11
11

1/25 Revell Reynard Kits
I'm looking for information on the Revell Champ Car kits which were made for the '98 and '99 seasons. As I understand it, there were two major types of kits, one for the '98 season, and one for the...
3
3

Trumpeter 1/32 MiG-21 F-13 and Trumpeter 1/32 Chinese F-7 II kit differences ??
Hello, Info needed. What are the differences (in kit parts, sprues ...) between the following Trumpeter 1/32 kits: 02210 Mig-21 F-13 02216 Chinese F7 II Of course, decals are different. But how about...
1
1

demagnetizing tweezers
Over years of constant use, my favorite pair of tweezers has developed a slight magnetic attraction for metal parts. This isn't a problem with brass photoetch, but can be an aggravation when I'm...
9
9

Req: Info on Simair SP2000SF//XL2000 side-feed cups/jars and a Hansa Evolution larger cup
Req: Info on Simair SP2000SF//XL2000 side-feed cups/jars and a Hansa Evolution larger cup - Can anyone please tell me where I can get these in the UK at a 'reasonable price'? OR have anyone got spares...
2
2

Humbrol 151. What the hell is it?
I'm currently sat here building the Airfix Brewster Buffalo (well, trying to build). Anyway, the instructions says to paint the inside of the cockpit with Humbrol 151. The snag is that Humbrol no...
6
6

Turbo prop P-38 for Vietnam?
A friend was telling me that he read in a book on the P-38 that it was such a good design that there was a proposal in the '60s to put it back in production with turbo props & a redesigned wing, for...
30
30

Thickening agents for enamel?
Are there any such products with the sole purpose of thickening paint?
9
9

Heller HMS Victory problem
I'm working on the Heller HMS Victory (1/100 scale) and was very surprised to find that the decks do not fit inside the hull. The top deck at its widest point is 6/32 of an inch too wide. A little...
18
18

Thinning Tamiya cement.
Like a fool, I left the lid off my bottle of Tamiya liquid cement last time I used it and now its pretty gooey. Still liquid, just, but very thick. What could I use to thin it back to its working...
8
8

Way to soften Squadron putty...?
Hello everyone. I'm working on a figure model, and purchased some Squadron white putty from a local hobby shop. I've never used this product before, and it seems a bit too thick out of the tube to...
10
10

Old dry transfer letters don't work
I have a collection of old Chartpak "rub on" letters and numbers of various sizes. Unfortunately, they are so old (20 years or more) they won't rub off anymore. A few of them still work with extreme...
7
7

Badger 200 airbrush no air flow
I've been using one of these for about 3 months, and today I've lost air flow thro' the unit. When the trigger is depressed, nothing happens, and similarly when the plunger is depressed with the valve...
11
11

paasche airbrush problems
Can anyone help me troubleshoot my paasche VL/VLS airbrush? I bought it last fall on sale at a store that was going out of business. I painted one model without problems until the very end when the...
13
13

Comparison of Tamiya and HMH 1/350 scale USS Enterprise
Hi all, I've just received my Mini Hobby Models (MHM) Original USS Enterprise, CVN-65 (although the original designation was CVA(N)-65). Tamiya only offers the re-fit version of the Big E. MHM, on the...

7 gallon 2 hp Sears Companion Air Compressor
Does anyone here use the 7 gallon, 2 hp Sears Companion compressor for airbrushing? How loud is it? How often does it kick on to refill during model painting time? How long does it take to refill to...
3
3