Kits for sale

Can you post ads for kits for sale here?

Thanks.

Reply to
Larry Jones

Larry Jones wrote in news:c3c268c9-c204-42c1-9b51- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Yes.

Reply to
Frank Tauss

Mad Modeller wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Hi MadModeler! Yeah I have it in my group list, but it's a mausolem. I iss all the back and forth. Most days it says zero posts.

Reply to
Frank Tauss

It's good for nostalgia to post here :-) I haven't had time to actually build kits for many years now, but modelling is still a large part of my psyche, including time spent online, research, and the enjoyment of mingling with fellow modellers and historians. Looking forward to attending a model exhibition in Akihabara on the

24th. Some very very highly-research IJN models will be on display I believe (nope, no-one has shipped the Kure Yamato Museum's contents to Tokyo for the event lol).
Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Yeah Frank, I noticed. Mary Rudy told me the other year that things were dead and she was spot on. You still in Kentucky?

Bill

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Hi Gernot, Great to see another old familiar name. I guess you know we lost Ed about 4 years back. I don't know the details but it was sudden. I've been working with 1/144 planes and have quite a few of the F-Toys models as well as some die-cast pieces. I have even tried a few Eduard kits but my fingers just aren't that nimble any more. One should train in watchmaking to do those justice. ;)

Bill

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Mad Modeller wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

8Nope. Moved back to VA. More work here.
Reply to
Frank Tauss

Hehe, hello Bill

Yes, I heard about Ed Rasimus (if that is who you are referring to), it was a shock, I did not really appreciate how old and/or ill people are who post here who are veterans of previous wars.... somehow the currency of newsgroups condenses history to the point that I kind of overlooked the passage of time!

I bought one of his books on Amazon last year, When Thunder Rolled, but haven't have a chance to read it. Planning on that, plus getting the others in his published list, Palace Cobra being the next in my sights. The least I can do, a kind of toast of respect and appreciation, knowing his family will get royalties.

1/144 seems small but on the other hand quicker to complete with somewhat less hassles than larger scales I suppose. Eduard ... hehe, I bought a Bf110 "weekend edition", I discovered that means looking at it on weekends!

I'm in the process of setting up an online shop here in Japan for overseas brands that don't go through sole distributors, so that is taking up time, but is a lot of fun too.

Best regards, Gernot Hassenpflug

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Gernot,

I was referring to Edward Kohout who posted on rms as 'someone'. He had a stalker harassing him across the internet. It was supposedly working fo r something called UFF. Edward had back troubles and lived in some pain most of the time but I d on't think that was what did him in. ISTR he was working out a deal with y

The hardest part of every 1/144 aircraft, no matter how simple the kit, is the canopy masking. No way can I freehand any of those frames. At leas t F-Toys kits come pre-painted. I still like to add my own touches as a mo del without my input seems 'foreign'. This online shop is for importing items into Japan, or exporting to othe r countries?

Bill

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Oh, that name does ring a bell, from decades ago though! I'll have to search the group archives for more information, nothing recent in my memory. Sorry to hear about his passing, a fellow modeler.

Not that I recall! But perhaps I missed some posts... too late now, sad.

The exhibition I went to on the weekend, was actually a 2nd-hand sale LOL Lots of stuff there, the Navy Yard (a modelling group) leader was there with his personal stuff to sell (surprise, a hoarder hehe) and I ended up chatting for a while with him and several other gentlemen, plus buying a load of Trimaster, Dragon, Fine Molds, Mauve and other kits at unbelievable prices. Coming home with a huge bag up to my belly button with models, all for 9000 JPY, that's very roughly 80 USD. Needless to say, I am not going to build any straight away!

Ah, it is intended for imports into Japan, but of course I will consider selling outside of Japan also, especially my own personal stuff. I'm still sorting out payment and shipping modules for Japan, as well as the language transations (with name changes for Japanese work order and other finicky things) it actually works perfectly for English environment already. No public URL right now I am afraid, while testing is in progress.

Best regards, Gernot Hassenpflug

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

ad a stalker harassing him across the internet. It was supposedly working for something called UFF.

don't think that was what did him in. ISTR he was working out a deal with

, is the canopy masking. No way can I freehand any of those frames. At le ast F-Toys kits come pre-painted. I still like to add my own touches as a model without my input seems 'foreign'.

her countries?

I definitely remember Ed Kohout being hounded by his own personal troll cal ling him very bad things.

Reply to
RobG

Gernot, may I inquire as to how to access the archives? I don't recall exactly when I lost access to the group. (Thanks, Verizon.)

Bill

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Hello, Well, Google for one, not sure how far back. If you go the Google groups it would look like this:

Here is another, again found from searches:

Goes back to 2005. I am pretty sure there are others, but I haven't looked further. Best regards, Gernot Hassenpflug

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Thanks, Gernot. My first try on derkeiler got me a deleted post but I did find a couple more from 2006. One listed several parts I was searching for . Eleven years later I still look out for two of them. I just doubt that with the age of the models that I will ever find them.

Bill

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Hehe, I feel your pain. Not to mention looking at my stash makes me ponder my mortality also.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug