Ronald Reagan-the greatest President of the 20th Century!

For the first time in the history of the world, one superpower defeated its rival without going to war! The Communist ideology was swept into the dustbin
of history after being completely discredited as a method of governing. All of the countries of Eastern Europe were freed as Russian troops were pulled out, rather hastily in some cases. Communist Russian activities supporting so-called wars of liberation ceased and the world became a much freer and better place due to Ronald Reagan.
Also, please remember what the income tax rates (top rate of 70%) and the interest rates (22%) were when he came into office. If we had these interest rates today, millions of people wouldn't be able to own their own homes and tens of thousands of businesses wouldn't exsist.
Regarding Star Wars, there was never a doubt in the Russians minds that we could do it. ABM sites in Alaska and Japan will be operational at the end of this year-then watch the pressure on NK rachet up fast! Oh yes, any of you who have had any of the laser eye surgery can thank Ronny for that (Star Wars).
Great guy and the greatest President of the 20th Century!

I'll bet you would have second thoughts if Smarty Jones had been elected president, or if Ronald Reagan had been born a horse.
KL

Well, he was a horse's ass.....Kim M
On 06 Jun 2004 03:08:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Royabulgaf) wrote:

Tell it to eastern Europe.

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.
Al,
Why do you bother with the raving left PETAoid?
Al Superczynski wrote:

Believe it or not, Kim is a real-life friend. There's more to friendship than mere politics.

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.

Wow! I consider both of you long time friends.
Small internet. :-)
Tom
On 06 Jun 2004 06:05:40 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Maiesm72) wrote:

Small world, Tom. ;)
There's a difference between disagreeing and being disagreeable. I can work with the former, but not the latter.

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.

I bought him a drink at the 2001 nats and he followed me home.... And I am not a PEToid. I am an Illinois resident, and I was simply adding to a thread about horsemeat. Kim M

I don't drink - I have enough other vices that I don't need that one....

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.

That's political tactics Ron. It is much used practice in politics to have a "opposition" tied to your leash, to disagree with when the issues aren't serious. But as soon as the situation gets critical this "opposition" will take your side to make real opposition look unreasonable and disagreeable. A kind of "blacksploitation" if you like.

real
You lost me here. Are you saying I'm Al's personal straw man? Kim M

make
"blacksploitation"
It is a possibility. Another possibility is a borne down upon the lee shore half-left winger who is taken care of and eventually will be 'saved' by the bible and a few pseudo-wise one-liners from a fatherly figure. Just like in the old moralizing B-movies.

28 year federal employee. Kim M

Rookie. ;~)
My home page: http://www.bill-woodier.com/home.htm
" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon
<<28 year federal employee.>>
Ever have a real job or were you on the dole your whole working life?
Cheers,
Ken

Sorry; I suppose you were just taking a swipe at Kim, but that comment was uncalled for, unfair, and ill-informed.
I've been in Federal or State service almost constantly since 1966 (law enforcement and military). Most government employees, probably even Kim, work hard for their paycheck each month. If there's a "dole" out there in government service, I haven't found it yet.
Perhaps you might bring that "dole" theory up to all the brave men and women (both in the military and civilian government service) who are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan or to the families of those killed in one of those "dole" jobs.
My home page: http://www.bill-woodier.com/home.htm
" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon
Didn't mean for you Bill, just the other guy. I consider the military to be in the service of the Nation, not the government.
Cheers,
Ken