Ronald Reagan-the greatest President of the 20th Century!

Since we're getting all warm and fuzzy here, I might as well put in my $.02. I have publicly doubted on RMS Mr Woodier's exploits. I had assumed he was some braggart wannabee. I was informed by another RMSer that I was wrong. I apologize for my remarks. Kim M
Back to political sniping....

And you, sir, are the horse's shit; a most unpleasant man.
When you finally figure out how to unlock and retract your head from your ass, perhaps I will consider (perhaps) taking what you post with a a grain of seriousness. Until then, my opinion of you stands; you are one each, bonified, certified, walkin', talkin', rectum. Enjoy the rest of D-Day.
My home page: http://www.bill-woodier.com/home.htm
" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon
Gee, sounds like the shoe that fits you, not Pres. Reagan!

Horseshoe?
You are the second horse's ass and I don't have any second thoughts about that either.
Up Yours,
Ken
Royabulgaf wrote:

Aahh, the lefties all hate Ronny with a passion. He's the guy who broke the Soviet Union and they will never forgive or forget!
                            Bill Shuey

No, I'll give him credit for that one. He got that right.
Not much else.
Mark chynert
You are a horse's ass. And I don't have any second thoughts about that.
Up yours,
Ken
On 06 Jun 2004 02:21:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (KLawr63125) wrote:

He may well have been the greatest President since Lincoln.

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.
Al Superczynski wrote:

But remember....Teddy Roosevelt was up there also!

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux user #328317 - SlackWare 9.1

I think of Teddy Roosevelt every time I visit a National Park. I just hope that the National Park System continues the way it was designed instead of giving it to Big Business. One of our local State Parks now has gas wells drilled in it. Noise (from drilling), smell and the access roads are an eyesore. The local lumber industry was drooling over a stand of 70-year-old Cherry trees that was discovered there as well. A few of us knew about those trees (I used to harvest the cherries every year with my folks when I was a kid), but we kept it quiet until they became threatened. Fortunately a public referendum stopped the lumber industry in their tracks.
Ken
While I can agree with some of what you say I have to yell "Hold It" on this one:

Not to war with the USSR directly in a declared war, but I think that Korea, Viet Nam and scores of other military actions using both American troops and surrogate nations were pretty deadly.
That would be like saying that Germany and the USSR never fought each other until Barbarossa. Spain was the testing ground for both sides.
How many American aircraft were shot down in Korea by Korean pilots? Those hot jocks were Russians, now freely admited by both sides.
Tom

That may all be true, Tom, but neither the Korean War nor the Vietnam War happened on Reagan's watch. When he became President, he turned the gebberish of the Carter Administration around and took the Cold War right to the enemy and defeated them without firing a shot (and, no, I'm sorry, you can not, in any way, equate the Beirut bombing to Soviet involvment).
My home page: http://www.bill-woodier.com/home.htm
" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Yes. It's like those guys who got drafted in 1945, got through basic training just in time for VJ Day and got to kiss the girls in the streets at home while the men who'd done the real fighting were still out in the Pacific or lying in a hospital. Wasn't their watch, I guess. The Cold War was won by men in Korea, Viet Nam, Malaya and elsewhere, a real and dirty war that started in 1946 and ended in 1991. Reagan showed up in time for the photo ops. Since the Taliban and Bin Laden were armed on his watch, I guess we can only be so grateful.

caliber
To kind of bring this back on-topic, I saw a news item about the christening of a Seawolf-Class sub named after Jimmy Carter. Both he and Rosalyn were present, she being the one breaking the bottle on its bow.
The article said he was one of 9 people to have a ship named after himself while still living.
Not too shabby!
I was not a big Carter fan back in the day, but he seems like he has always been a decent, well-intentioned fellow.
Mike (ODO)
Mike (ODO) wrote:

So was Neville Chamberlain.
--
Scott Lowther, Engineer
Remove the obvious (capitalized) anti-spam

always
Yeah. Whatever. I was trying to be charitable. It's so easy to scoff in hindsight.
Mike (ODO) PROUD Kit Assembler Rock 'n' Roll cello player
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 02:54:36 GMT, "Mike \(ODO\)"
I scoffed at Carter before his election and during his entire presidency. I still do. He's what Stalin used to refer to as a 'useful idiot'.

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.

I was absolutely stunned when Carter uttered the phrase that I will always remember him for: "I can't believe they [the Soviets] lied to me."
Hello. Earth to Jimmie; that's what they did for a living (and still do). The fact he was genuinely surprised at that pretty-much sums up his presidency, I think. I'm sure he builds great houses with the "Habitat for Humanity" charity (a noble cause). Perhaps he should have stuck with that and not run for President.