Ronald Reagan-the greatest President of the 20th Century!

that ended at the left coast...

Good point, Al. So, if we're going to have to pay for it anyway, why didn't we just hold onto it in the first place? ;~}

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Bill:

About the only ones who could afford to would be either the Saudi's or the Sultan of Brunei!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Or China. They've got lots of money, and are willing to throw it around.

Reply to
Scott Lowther

JFK was best president of the 20th century and he was a democrat too!!

Reply to
LARRY929

Always felt the best way to handle it would be return the CZ to Panama on condition of statehood.

Kim M

Ridin't that Purple Wage

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Carter may love the Red Chinese but there doesn't appear to be any real threat to the canal:

.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

make panama pay us by tons of u.s. shipping through. .10 cents a ton would be fair.

This reminds me of the suggestion of my Political Science graduate advisor, a crusty old Scot who had transposed himself to Southern California, in reference to the Japanese gtetting such a huge balance of payments advantage over us back inthe seventies. [Think of a delivery with a matter-of-fact tone and a modearte Scottish burr] "This is really not a problem--encourage the bastards to buy property in the United States, and then nationalise it." I'm all for the Chinese spending their money (which is more than a little funny right now, given their governmental interference with normal market forces) to create a real property asset which they can neither move nor defend. They're just not that dumb.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

lol you libs just crack me up lol

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Hey Al! What's with the facts??? We don't want or need facts when conspiracy theories and mindless fear-mongering are so much more exciting! ;-)

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

List facts and specific accomplishments that made him the greatest President, please.

Sorry, screwing Marilyn Monroe and just about any other skirt that his brother, Peter Lawford, and the rest of the rat pack could pimp for him does not count.

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Bill Woodier) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m27.aol.com:

Getting a 42 knot PT boat athwart the bows of a 30 knot destroyer and leaving the people he encouraged to die on the beach at the Bay of Pigs causes me to seriously question his military judgement.

On the other hand at least he served.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Well, the PT boat thing was a screw-up, to be sure. In fact, I read somewhere that he violated Navy regs by sitting out there with the engines in neutral "in a combat area" (The rule was to avoid inability/delay in getting quickly underway, exactly as happened with Kennedy) and he would have faced disciplinary action had his father not vehemently interceeded but all that was prior to his Presidency.

The Bay of Pigs fiasco, however, was squarely on his watch and it was his conscious decision to abandon those men on the beaches.

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

PLONK!

Reply to
Larry Engesath

He didn't do anything none of the rest didn't do!!

Reply to
LARRY929

Perhaps you lived the decade of the 1980s in a cardboard box alongside the roadway or in a cave somewhere. I suggest you go back and do a little studying of the 1980s and the Reagan Presidency. Once you've done that, the folly of your statement will be clearly evident and you will need no further enlightenment.

My home page:

" In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

Reply to
Bill Woodier

No politician is worth anything, all are simply too corrupted or too self/power/control obsessed to be good to anyone. Ours are like yours, arses in the air and snouts in the trough, filled by poor bloody saps like me and you. It is my extreme mis-fortune to have to work with a few dozen of our 'elected' (and dont get me started on that) officials of both political sides of the fence and I tell you (in the vernacular) I wouldn.t piss on them if they were on fire. The phrase 'Best President' or 'Best Prime Minister' or 'Best Queen / King / Grand Poo Bah' is as meaningless as 'Kindest Murderer' or 'Honest Embezzler'.

I hate these OT crap conversations - more plastic talk please

Reply to
TSR2