Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

POLL: Has matt been a naughty boy this year?
It has come to Santa's attention that one of the Solidworks elves has been misbehaving... You know him as 'magic matt' but in exclusive circles he's known as 'matt the mangler' matt butchered the pre...
10
10

Menu on the Left with a Bunch of Commands including Scale
in the last implementation of SW 2005, which i had running on a Pentium 4, there were a bunch of commands on the left, arranged in a menu. since moving to a Core2Duo, i have my Solidworks installed,...
3
3

Controlling the Viewport/ Display, to keep it focussed on a particular part/ solid/ body
i am writing to ask for help in controlling the viewport/ display. i have a complex assembly. when i go to rotate the viewport, it rotates about i'm not sure which point, but it rotates the object of...
3
3

Re: What Ever Happened To The Third Amigo?
Sorry, but Mark is not the third Amigo. They are numbered in the order they showed up in Concord. TOP
1
1

Creating a New Solid, within a Part
I have worked a lot in One Space Designer. I have SW 2005 and also had a 1 year lease for OSD ... but that expired and it's a little pricey to buy the whole version. There's some features that I miss...
5
5

Where is my Move/Copy Solid Button ?
It just plain disappeared ! I moved from a P4 to a Core 2 Duo. I like it, but, it seems like some of the features disappeared. I learned SW in "Machine Design" mode. I have version 2005, SP 0.0...
2
2

Engineering drawings and design + Building drawings download
Hi All, Don't re-invent the wheel'. Reduce your total time up to 90%! This site is an incredible place to get architectural and civil engineering drawings, and kind of online drawing and design shop,...

Matt Lombard Banned from SW forums?
It has been brought to my attention that Matt Lombard has been banned from the SW forums... WHAT!!!!!!!! I am very angered by this...... Here is a post I put in the general section at the SW forum and...
17
17

hidden line properites
Is there a setting that I can adjust the gap between hidden lines, or the thickness of lines? I think I saw it once. Any help is appreciated.

Conical Splines Construction
I have avoided coming up with a proper solution for making a cone with blind ended V splines on the surface of a cone (a shallow cone today like a bellville washer cone). I have constructed an...
6
6

Need Solidworks resources for Mumbai Location
we are engineering services organisation looking for SolidWorks resources for our Mumbai location.... kindly send your details at " " asap.

Sections - Any Tips or Tricks
When Creating a Section View in Drawing mode: When creating the sketch line on a cylindrical part (or assy), is there a way to snap to the center axis? It seems rather cumbersome to sketch the line...
2
2

honeymoon is over!
I really was starting to like (maybe tolerate is a better word) SW2008 until today. The main thing I hated with 2007 has rear it's ugly head again. I'm speaking of the random toggling of the "Dynamic...
4
4

Smart Fastener not filling all the same holes
In an assembly I went into Smart Fastener Browser config., set that up. I then went back into assembly and clicked on Smart Fastener Icon, have Populate All checked. It popped in one fastener in one...
5
5

RAM disk or cache?
Anyone using a RAM disk or disk cache of some type to improve IO operations with SW on XP? Vista ReadyBoost doesn't count, for so many reasons.
4
4