Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Floating License
Guys and Gals, Does anyone know if a floating solidworks license can be used legally by a remote designer if he is not directly networked to the companys network, or does he need a stand alone...
9
9

The Best Hybrid Car For You
Many car companies are beginning to produce more and more cars that are not only good at using less gasoline, but are also better for our environment. With both of these issues being a big concern for...

Link To Thickness - tip
Hey y'all, Discovered a nice little thing the other day that I thought I'd share, some of you will no doubt already know and some of you may not: If you link a dimension value (such as the thickness...
5
5

an error has a occured and solidworks must restart
I have decided to try solidworks after years of using SolidEdge for years and found the 2008 version as an iso image download torrent. It installed fine and opens as a 30 day trial. I open a new part...
1
1

Filter or search tool
I am working in SW 2006. Is there a filter or way that I can locate a part or feature in the Feature Manager Design Tree? There must be a simple way. Thanks for any help, I do appreciate it.
3
3

Virtualization & solidworks
Just read my pc mag and the latest splash about virtualization of a pC on a flash memeory stick. Just wondering - has anyone tried this and put SW onto the Virtual PC on the flash stick, so it is...
5
5

serial spaceball & SW2008
Forgive if this has already been asked and answered...I upgraded my SW2007 to 2008 yesterday and when I run it I get an error message about the Spaceball driver not loading. I checked on the...
1
1

Quadro FX 1500 vs 3500 ? Which one ?
Hi All, I would know what's the difference beetwen this card, is there a really reason to prefer FX 3500 against FX 1500 ? The price is really different...(!) but on the nVidia webpage : difference...
3
3

Generate a circle in 3D
cad.sw I am working in SW08 with the VB macro code, but I require the ability to draw a set of sketches of circles in 3D. I can currently achieve this in the XY XZ and YZ planes, but when the circle...
2
2

Joint Blog
New blog just launched today called SolidWorks Legion by Chris MacCormack, Chris Saller and Matt Lorono (I). I invite everyone to bookmark the site and visit often for new content! Lorono
1
1

How do I customize the Pop Up Toolbar in Solidworks 2008
I just had a look at the Solidworks 2008 demo on the Solidworks site. one point 40 sec into the "Part Design" section the guy demoes a new pop up toolbar (see link below) that is completely...
4
4

Equations refe to old assembly name
Every time I open up a particular assembly, I get the following message:- "The equations of this assembly refer to . Would you like to change them to refer to ." The assembly was originally called by...
8
8

PhotoWorks Contest Voting
Thirty three entries, forty eight total images, only one winner. Who will it be? The voting count down for the November PhotoWorks Rendering Contest has begun. In an attempt to keep voting as fair as...
2
2

spring simulation
Can an imported spring into an assembly, be made to go thru a simulation? I seem to be having trouble doing this. Thanks in advance.
2
2

Last file opened setting?
Is there a setting in option or other, where SW will open me in the last file that I had open? I am working in SW 2005 and also SW 2006. Any help is appreciated.
5
5