Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

[OT] Installing SolidEdge
Hi, I apologize for my post, I know you're talking about SolidWorks but I can't find a general CAD group. Please, if you can't answer to my question tell me another news group I may try. I downloaded...

Utility to Export Data from MatrixOne and Import into MS Access Database
3rd Party Utility: ---------------------- A tool to export specific Type(Business Object) from MatrixOne to MS Access Database based on user context. Part Type (Business Object) and Relationship...

How can I create a disc with a random amount of holes on a bolt circle diameter?
I need a way to create a disc that has a random amount of holes on a BCD. I can control the disc diameter, disc thickness, hole diameter, and bolt circle diameter using equations and design tables. I...
13
13

Tip of the day
Here is the key, if you DON'T want to have the drawing document, changing the model. HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareSolidWorksSolidWorksGeneralDisable model changes from drawings. Set =1 for True, and =0...

MIRROR COMPONENTS TOGGLE
I am in an assemlby SW2006, I want to mirror to two components using the right plane. I do not want to make a mirroed new part. I want to make two instanced parts. The dialogue box will not let me...
3
3

SLI Cards = Performance?
Is anyone using a SLI configuration with SW2007 / 08? Do you notice a performance increase? Did you soft quaddro them? Trying to decide the better path to upgrade, Quaddro card or 2 SLI enabled Gamers...
1
1

PhotoWorks toolpalette messed up
Hi there, I am recently facing a problem concerning the positioning of the photoworks tool palette. I placed the palette upright and snapped it to the left window frame. After every restart of...
1
1

SolidWorks Training Manuals on Ebay
I saw some training manuals on ebay. Check them out if you need some reference material or some new learning.

SW student edition
The educational / student edition of SW which can be purchased by a student from various resellers, (for example: "contains features that make it unsuitable for commercial use." What are these...
8
8

Number of faces/edges slowing down model??
Hi all, We are using Cosmos to analyse a large surface model. When meshing you want to make sure the nodes on the edge of a face are matching up to the nodes on the edge of the next face. One way to...
5
5

Looking for the antonym for enhancement - A SolidWords study.
Perhaps it is time for the users of the newsgroup (newsers) to enhance their vocabularies a bit. I'll add a few sentences to a few quotes from dictionaries and thesauri in an effort to augment our...
12
12

missing scroll bars 2008
Have started to use 2008 and noticed that the vertical and horizontal windows scroll bars have gone. Suppose we will have to get used to using middle mouse button and ctrl key combo. Not happy...
5
5

2008/Can I hide the feature?
I edit the sketch and the revolved feature is still there. Is there any way to not see the revolved feature as it is very distracting.
2
2

2008 is screwed up!
I open a part. I double click a sketch. I change the view to bottom view and then back to the front view. The sketch and the revolve from the skectch are displaced. Can anyone duplicate this?
2
2

autocad
Anyone know how to set there middle scroll wheel button to PAN in autocad 2006. It used to pan, I dont know what happened. Thanks.
2
2