Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Major Enhancements 2008
Would somone be good enough to list the major ehancements in 2008 other than the UI? I will be moving to it shortly (do not have it right now). Can someone give me a short list? Thank you Much
4
4

Better Group for SolidWorks???
I was wondering if there is a better group like this one for SolidWorks where we can filter out the SPAM and other content and just stay focused on CAD & SolidWorks.
11
11

Dual monitor query
I'm running SWX 2007 on a laptop with an NVidia Quadro FX 2500M, and I have a second LCD monitor connected to it. I run SWX on the second display, and my Office apps on the laptop. Generally it works...
3
3

2008 sketch dimension issue?
I draw a sketch (rectangle). I revolve the sketch (cylinder). I section the revolve (cylinder). I edit the sketch by double clicking the sketch in the feature manager. I dimension a diameter and hit...
2
2

Does anybody have experience with "CircuitWorks" for SolidWorks
I have got an email from my boss telling me to look at this CircuitWorks. But does anybody have experience with CircuitWorks for SolidWorks? It seems "nice" but is it worth using any time on. We are...
5
5

Solidworks / FEA question
Say I have SW08, and I get Cosmos. Does Cosmos have the same non-backward compatibility that SW has? More to the point, if I then get SW09, am I forced to pay the maintenance to keep using Cosmos, if...
5
5

Geometry Lock
Geometry Lock has been mentioned on a few sites as of late. That is, STOP the features from REBUILDING at a point in time. For instance,.. an example of SolidWorks Corp's POOR PROGRAMMING... Remove or...
4
4

Properties icon or command
I am not sure if SW has this kind of icon. In Autocad there is something called a "List" command, which give all the properties of an entity. In SW is there such a command where I can find out the...
3
3

linking note to custom property without a view
Is there way to have a note in a drawing to link to a custom property of 'Description' in a part file, without having an image/view of the part? If so, what's the syntax? Aaron Friedman ARF Designs
2
2

$PRP - List of Values
I have been searching the SW Help and this group to find a list of the standard or default properties that can follow $PRP or $PRPSHEET, etc. I was unable to find such a list and resorted to hand...
3
3

SR# :1-678351771
Please Solidworks, sort this out , it has been ongoing since june 2007, thought it was sorted in 2008, but it is not. Thank you :)
3
3

Dimension Map Export drawing dimensions via macro
Is there a simple way to export the dimensions shown in a 2D drawing in order to create a inspection, dimension map? I would like to import the data into a database. I need all show dimensions and...
1
1

Warning: sketch text update failed
Does anyone know what "Warning: sketch text update failed" is supposed to mean. I'm using some text in an extruded cut feature, and the sketch feature has "blood" on it. It seems OK visually, and the...
3
3

eDrawings Precision
Hi: When I use the measurement tool in eDrawing I can only get 2 decimal place x.xx. How can I change it to show 3 decimal place measurements x.xxx? My eDrawings are generated from Solidworks 2007....
1
1

FYI: LOGITECH MOUSE ISSUE SWX 2008
I am using a Logitech MX-700 cordless optical mouse and SWX 2008 SP0. I have what is called Smart Move in the mouse enabled, this makes the cursor jump to the dialog boxes automatically, saving wrist...