Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

[ADV] GeoTools V8 English - Complete productivity for AutoCAD
G E O T O O L S 8.08 C O M M A N D S S N A P S H O T ------------------------------------------------------------------ GeoTools is a productivity tool for AutoCAD. It works on AutoCAD versions...

Looking for Product Design Examples
SolidWorks, for R&D purposes, is looking for examples of typical Consumer, Commercial and Medical product design examples. It is not necessary that you it be your design or whether it is designed...
4
4

How to change the position of a hole
Hi there, I have a simple question, I dig a hole in a plane, so how can i modify the position of this hole, i try to use "smart dimension" to change it, but it seems once the hole has been defined, i...
3
3

Design Tables in Assemblies
Hello - I have created a a very simple table base assembly in SW 2007. It includes 3 parts that mate to form the width, depth and height of the base. The parts themselves are simple extruded bosses. I...
2
2

bend up or down?
How does solidworks detemine bend up or bend down on the flat patterns in the drawings. A lot of times I notice that I think it should be a bend down a solidworks will say bend up, does anyone know...
8
8

How can I edit a drawing file without the related part file?
I have a slidworks drawing file (*.slddrw), but some of the part file (*.sldprt) related to the drawing is missing, are there any way I can edit the drawing file? thanks
2
2

same properties
Is there a command or icon that will make a feature the same color or other properties as a referenced feature. In other words "make same as properties". In Autocad it is called "Match Properties"....

dwgeditor question
With the new edition of DWGeditor 2008 all the diameter symbols on prints for one of our customers show as a slash instead of the diameter symbol. Is there a setting that can be changed to show and...

Assembly mates
In an assembly, how can you view just the mates that were used to place a certian part without getting all the other mates showing up from parts that are stuck to the subject part? SW2006 Thanks.
2
2

from Personal edition SW 06 to SW 05
I am learning. I am working between a personal ediiton of SW2006 and a full version of 2005. If I make a part in 2006 version, is there a way I can transfer the part or sketch's to the 2005 version?...
3
3

OT: satellite tracking technology
try this, it´s amazing: cheers Jojo Use this mobile phone tracker to see where your partner is! Free phone tracking through gps satellite. Trace a cell phone now!

A Sad Day for CAD/CAM
It is with a heavy heart that I report the untimely passing of our dear friend and Dulledge blog celebrity Jon Banquer. Jon was killed in a testing mishap while reviewing a new solid modeling product...
13
13

Using equations for feature lengths.
Self explanatory. Is there a way of linking feature dimensions (not sketch dimensions) to an equation. I have cuts on different planes, that I would like to be the same depth. Cool, just searching...
2
2

recover from an assemlby
I have an assembly which shows various part that are not resolved. Some of the part files I have lost due to a computer crash. When the assembly starts to come up, it says it cannot find these part,...
2
2

Getting part from assembly