Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Addins with SW2008 64 Bit
The Addin programs I wrote a couple of years ago won't work now that we've updated to 64 bit Solidworks 2008. Does anyone have any fixes, suggestions or just general words of encouragement?
3
3

BOM FORMAT
I have been tasked with taking a SolidWorks Bill of Material and importing it into a third party database. I don't know Solidworks so I have some questions concerning output format of the BOM. Is it...
5
5

Force rebuild after changing configs?
I have a part where some dims (including repetitions) are equation driven. When I change configs, I have to do a rebuild or ctrl-Q to have the part to rebuild correctly. In fact, the equations do not...
1
1

Sw 2006 users upgrade to newer version
Hi, everyone I know that this subject is probably already exhausted. But I would like your opinion on subject. - Our first version (still the one that we use) of Solidworks is 2006. - After upgrading...
3
3

big computer problem
I just upgraded to 2008 and found some weird stuff going on. My computer now asks me if I want to "log out" or "log off" and I can't figure out which one to choose. Will someone please help me?

Photowork decal and drawing
SW2008 i print a draw but the decal on a the part dont appaer by printing. Sw2007 it's OK Thanks
2
2

SW08 translation error
Anyone else having trouble with SW08 translation data? I have a step file from a customer that SW07 opens without error. SW08 will not open any step files I have. Does anyone know what the problem is,...

Problem creating cropped view
I'm trying to crop a drawing view which is of an exploded assembly, but SWX says "This view can not be unfolded any further". Can anyone shed any light on this cryptic error message? TIA John H...
3
3

Driving drawings?
Ok, I have to ask, why would you ever want the drawing to drive the part or assembly? There is a registry key that can be changed, so that the drawing is driven by the part or assembly. Does anyone...
8
8

Re: How crazy is jb?
Who really cares, except you?

backgrounds
Help or tell me where to find help. I just upgraded to SW08 (fairly new user) and now all of my drawing backgrounds show as crumpled paper. They weren't that way in SW07. How can I get rid of this...
2
2

Sample drawing template that covers the military 810 specs
Anyone have one that I could see? Thanks

SW2008 SP1 - parentheses on dims question
On SW 2007 there was a click box to add parentheses to a dimension. I cannot find it in SW2008. Does anyone know what happened to it? Thanks Monty
2
2

Equation changing High and low of Limit distance mate possible?
I have an assembly with several configurations. In some configurations, the length of a particular part changes. This part is mounted to a moving component in the assembly. The distance this moving...
4
4

Solidworks explorer HELP!!
Help me I'm falling... Not used this much and not at all in SW2007. The interface has changed completely since the last time I did use it. I've figured out how to search for files with a certain value...