Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

SolidWorks Explorer 2007 sp5 installation error Internal Error 2756. SHORTCUTPATH
While attempting to upgrade SolidWorks Explorer 2007 SP1.1 to SP5, I get the following Error Message Box: Internal Error 2756. SHORTCUTPATH What is causing this error? How do I get SolidWorks Explorer...
2
2

new computer - OS? CPU? HD?
It's time for a new workstation. I've been running XP 32 bit w/ the 3GB switch but would like to move to 64 bit with the next system and start fresh w/ SW2008. Does anyone know when vista 64 bit will...
1
1

SW File Permissions
Hi, I've upgraded from ealier versions of SW2007 to SP4.0 Lately I've noticed SW file permissions are acting a little wonky. I'll open a part in context of an assemly and it will tell me the file is...
8
8

Routing with 2008
Well, upgraded to 2008 with no problems... I thought! Then came in Monday morning and all of our library parts are messed up. We primarily use SW premium package for routing as we make gas...
2
2

SW2007 toshiba laptop ?
I am running SW07 on a Toshiba Satellite P35 (W radeon graphics). the radeon supports Open GL. The dynamic spin is worse than bad. I have an associate with the same graphics in a Toshiba Satellite...
2
2

2008 Personal Edition
Is there a place or link that someone knows where I can send for the SW 2008 Personal Edition. I am trying to learn and only need it for the 3 months it may be good for. I have heard it is available....

SW2008 -- alot 'heavier'?
Just curious to know from those who've upgraded.. I imagine you're installing 2008 on the same machines that've been running 2007 -- have you run into any performance issues? Is the new UI notably...
2
2

cross part dimensions?
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to link dimensions from different parts with each other. I have a couple of diameters in different parts which have to match. I'm working with SW 2006. Best...
1
1

Weldments
When trimming two parts together in weldments is there a way of stopping the parts from joining by a set distance? At the moment I am joining them, then adding a cut through to make my gap. This is...
6
6

Macro for BOM
Has anyone got a macro for generating a BOM on a drawing sheet at top level only to include issue revision number. Many thanx, Adrian
1
1

Arbitrary Circle Sketched in space
SW fans I am having an issue defining (from VB code) a sketch in space with coordinates x1,y1,z1 and with radius r1. I have currently sussed out the code to define an arbitrary plane where I want, but...
5
5

SolidWorks DVD and video tutorials
I am learning SolidWorks for the first time. I am familiar with a few electronics CAD packages, but am now exploring designing metal parts and eventually would like to use SolidWorks to design my...
1
1

Uninstalling sw2008 Beta
I am trying to uninstall sw2008 Beta but I was presented with the warning about transferring my license prior to uninstalling the software so I canceled the uninstall process. Can anyone tell me if...
4
4

2008 Install
I am installing sw2008 today but I was never allowed the chance to change the install location, did I miss a step somewhere? If I have two versions of solidworks installed I like to put the version in...
5
5

Help me
can any one send me the helping book for AutoCAd, ProE or solid edge in Pdf format or helping sites link??? i m doing Mechanical engineering and i need these?????????
1
1