Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

importing assemblies from inventor
Has anybody experience with bringing over a larger assembly from Inventor to SW? A small assembly I tried kind of worked, but I got a bunch of invalid faces (open surface, edge not on surface,...

Has anyone changed from SmarTeam to another PDM system?
If so: 1. Was the change a positive experience? 2. Was it a costly change? 3. Were there any pitfalls you encountered? 4. How many years did you have SmarTeam? Thanks in advance, Greg

GB/T1804-m
Anyone familiar with this? I have a print from a customer with the note "DIMENSIONS WITHOUT TOLERANCE ARE ACCORDING TO GB/T1804-m." The part is a simple sheet metal angle so I'm not too nervous, but...
9
9

PhotoWorks Contest Voting
The images for the October PhotoWorks Rendering Contest (contest # 20) have been posted for voting. We have some good entries this month and you'll even find a couple of Halloween themes. You'll also...

Display States - sub-assemblies
Is it possible to change the active display state for a sub-assembly while operating in the parent assembly? The only method I can figure out is by loading the sub-assembly and changing active state...
6
6

Blocks
I'm experimenting with blocks for (nearly) the first time in SWX, and was wondering whether it is possible to:- a) Mirror block instances b) Change the line pattern of instances (e.g. to dashed, for...
4
4

Help Please - Bend Deduction on Drawings?
Hi, Is there a custom property value for "bend deductions"? I can't find it... I want the drawing to include the bend deduction, bend radii, and such on my drawings that go to manufacturing in our...
6
6

Two SolidWorks Bibles have been given away at SolidMentor
I apologize for the blatant self promotion and I will stop quite soon. I have given away 2 Solidworks bibles and have two more up for grabs to the 600th and 650th registered users as well I have some...

Assembly with no fixed parts?
I am building an assembly of a cart, where every single part should move (no fixed parts). Is there a way to do this in an assembly, or should I just be using COSMOSmotion to make sure everything is...
3
3

SW2008
I just received my SW2008 and started to load it then thought I'd better ask. Can I load SW2008 and still keep my SW2007 up and running on the same machine without any problems? I'd like to load...
7
7

DELL or IBM mobile workstation?
The recent discussion on the DELL notebook has me doing some research. Prices seem decent & I'm considering making the change from desktop to mobile workstation. These machines have some pretty...
7
7

Adding this part into this assembly would create conflict of references. Cannot add. ?
WHY, ok, I get this error message when inserting a part into an assembly, "Adding this part into this assembly would create conflict of references. Cannot add." SO I break all the exterenal refs. in...
5
5

3D Connexion Driver incompatible with Solidworks 2008?
I installed Solidworks 2008 this morning and when it found the add-in from SW2007 for my 3D motion device, it said that the add-in was incompatible with SW2008. Checked the 3D Connexion web site and...
3
3

catia v5r16 help or direction.
I was wondering if somebody could point me into the right direction. I am using CATIAv5r16, and was looking for a group, unless someone is knowledgable in this question. I am trying to get our CATIA...

Weldment config names
Is it possible to stop SWX adding "as machined" or "as welded" to the config names of weldments? I like to add the config name to drawing views, and this looks stupid since the weldment doesn't have...
2
2