Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Can parts be 'adaptive'?
If I have a link part in a second level assembly that has free rotate, is there a way to align it to another linkage part in the higher up assembly? Also, is ther a way that I can make the part...
4
4

Exporting dims from Solidworks to excel
Hi, I need to export dimensions from Solidworks drawing to excel (or other editor) but I can't find anywhere that option, do you know how to do it???? Thanks for help in advance. Arek
3
3

SW2008 DVD
Just arrived!
2
2

Crash when switching to COSMOS--help troubleshooting?
On one particular assembly, my system crashes with the infamous "R6025 virtual function call" whenever I switch to the COSMOS tab. Other parts/assemblies work properly, just this one causes trouble....
1
1

OT : Critical speed of a hollow shaft
Does anyone have a spreadsheet, or a link to an online resource for calculating the first critical speed (whirling) of a hollow shaft, simply supported, with a uniformly distributed load? TIA John H
3
3

Insert into new part
Hi all, Is the above command only available through the history tree (surface and solid bodies) or are you able to somehow select bodies or surfaces in the window/viewport? With a large multi-body...
1
1

Driving sketch pattern with an equation
Is there a way to drive the dimensions for a sketch pattern with an equation? I cannot seem to get access to the dimensions (quantity or spacing) for a sketch pattern unless I edit the pattern by rmb...
5
5

Copy Settings Wizard?
What does this do? In the 3 or 4 times I've used it it didn't change the File Locations (under System Options), it didn't set the toolbox settings, it didn't seem to do anything. Maybe I'm expecting...
6
6

Break Dimension Lines
I have my drawing template document options set to break dimension lines with a .06" gap and I have the option to only break around arrow heads cleared but I still have to select the break dimension...
4
4

3d sketch to solid object
Lets say I have a 3d-sketch of an object, for instance a cube. 12 lines that form a wire frame of the object. Is there a feature I can use to fill that object?
2
2

SolidWorks World Question
I was shocked the other day when my boss approached me about going to SolidWorks World this go round. Times have been hard at our company for quite a while so I more or less thought when I sent him...
5
5

Assigning different materials to a single part
Is it possible to assign different materials to each body in a multi-body part? This would be useful for example on rubber coated rollers, parts injection moulded from more than one material, or OEM...
4
4

O.T. Dell M6300 Shipping Delay(s)
Hi, My company ordered a Dell M6300 notebook workstation on 9/24/2007. Nothing odd, in fact it was one of the Dell "specials". It had an original ship date of 10/5/2007. After that date came... we got...
20
20

Installing Solidworks
I am having problems installing the disc. Could anyone tell me what the tag name of the Solidwork Disc when you see it in windows explorer? The system says it is the wrong disc tag. It is asking for...
1
1

SW2006 SP05: Failed to open file
Hi I have a big problem when trying to open some of my files I get this error message: Failed to open file S:path o ile.....SLDASM It is already open for read in a different session of Solidworks, or...
4
4