Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Changing part configs in an assy tip
In an assy, you can multiple select different parts and change to a new config on all of them at the same time. The key is that the different parts all need to have the same config name that you want...
1
1

ACAD to SW handy tip
If you are planning on opening a DWG file with SW to bring some of it into a SW part, then you can probably save some time with this tip. While still in ACAD, move whatever it is that you are going to...
1
1

Change a drawing sheet scale
Do you want to... _ Scale the annotations' position _ Scale annotations' text height Does anyone know what causes this box? I can start a new test drawing and change the scale all I want and not get...
7
7

Re: CNC Programmer wanted in San Diego
Cliff wrote in news:eegih39m69gv7gsv260iqe4gk71l1p5kie@ Are these wages right? Good luck finding anyone.
11
11

Hid part in one config, now it's hidden in all others
Maybe it's a setting in Configurations... I have a small assy, all new parts done in SW07sp4. Assy has 3 configs, in one config I hid a part, now that part does not show (not even a bounding box) in...
4
4

Insert into new partcommand
Hi all, Is the above command only available through the history tree (surface and solid bodies) or are you able to somehow select bodies or surfaces in the window/viewport? With a large multi-body...

SW2008 SP0.1
Anyone know what the reason for this is? Has anyone received their DVDs yet? WT
7
7

Specific Views
Hi, I'm a former Pro-E user trying to cope with Solidworks 2007. I would like to know how I could create a specific view to save. All I come up with is to approximately rotate part view to desired...
2
2

Font sizes
Sorry, this may be beneath some of you. I'm looking for some information on proper font sizes to use in drawings. Specifically the size and type to place on my detail view callout. Any help would be...
1
1

Message Box when dwg opened...
Hi- Got a request from my boss today. He was wondering if a message box can be attached to a particular drawing file when it's opened in SWx and he asked me to look into it. He basically would like to...
3
3

SolidWorks custom props question
We are using SolidWorks 2007 SP2.2 and we are trying to write some custom code to be able to change the material codes we use in custom props. In our part models, we currently have a custom prop...
3
3

Laser cutting CAM software?
Your opinions and experiences, Imbedded in SW or not For Finnpower and Amada cutters Only experienced and constructive answers, please.
5
5

Generating a Sketch from a Function
Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer the following question: Im not sure if this is a noobe question or not, but i have a delema, i have a function that describes a 2-D sketch that i need...
8
8

One more SolidMentor Post
Ok the site is nearly working the way I want it to and I have opened everything up to the general public to view. You will need to login to participate. I have also added a wish list section...When it...
1
1

SWX 2008 viewer
Any thoughts as to when this will be available ?
2
2