Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PDM Works Revision Managed Flag
Can this be turned on or off by the user? Have a part that I am trying to check into the vault but it comes back saying that "this part is not revision managed". I would like to check it into a...
2
2

BOM question
The standard BOM with Solidworks does not have enough information in it for us. We like to have columns on the left hand side of the BOM to show sub assembly dash numbers. If you go up the column we...
1
1

addendum to box selection
By the way I'm on SW2006 SP4.1 Regards, David
4
4

Box Selection of entities
Hi all, I'm trying to select a number of bodies in a multi-body part. Do I have to select each part individually or is there a box selection command that will do this? Dragging the mouse from left to...
2
2

Does SW need postscript printer driver for tif dpi output ?
Hi, despite now installing onto a rebuild PC, still the program doesnt give me the option of File>Save As > Tiff and export options with 300dpi. I see print capture greyed out, and can only Save As a...
2
2

Random Parts being Hidden upon Drawing View Creation Sw2007
Just switched to 2007sp4, spent a day and a half baby sitting the Conversion Wizard(14000 files), I have an assembly with ~600 parts (created with sw2005) which when creating a new drawing some parts...
9
9

SW BOM - multiple configs - all parts
We just noticed that you don't have the option to display multiple configs in a BOM if you have it set to show Parts only. Is there any particular reason this should be so? WT
1
1

Thermal FEA
What is the best SW add-on for themal FEA? My specific application is in evaluating various options for thermal management of electronic components under natural convection. One way to simplify this...
1
1

Does Any else agree that a "simplify" tool would be a good idea?
The very first 3D part that I ever worked on was a 3 Phase Motor. But, the model came from the manufacturer and had hundreds of features. I only needed the basic features. My thought was that a...
2
2

off topic - mold plating
any idea when how much cooling is lost when plating an aluminum thermofrom mold with nickel?
7
7

To multi body or not?
Hi all, Is there a point at which seperate part files are beneficial compared to single multi-body part file. I'm working on a project and I've built a weldment multi body part (cut list has 521 parts...
2
2

SP5ev - danger?
I think we have seen this before, and I have just sent this in to SW, so hopefully it's not a serious fix. But if it is universal and not just me, then it makes this SP unusable. I'll keep everyone...
8
8

Slightly OT: Vacuum Forming - any Guru's out there?
Hi all, As I understand it traditional vacuum forming has manufacturing tolerances for parts of +/- 0.5mm. However, I'm sure I've read somewhere that tighter tolerances can be achieved by recent...
11
11

been playing around with SW2008 and..
I just thought I'd let you know that the "Export Flat Pattern to DXF/DWG" is pretty sweet. Right click on your flat pattern and make the pick. You have the options of including or excluding bendlines....

SWX keeps switching to "view / hide all types"
I have a drawing where SWX keeps switching to "view / hide all types". It is like that not only every time I open it up, but also frequently when I change back to it from other parts/drawings etc....
2
2