Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Document Control Software
I am looking for recommendations for document control software to handle solidworks documents. We are a medical device manufacturer so we fall under FDA regulations as well as ISO compliance. We are...
3
3

An Interview with Joel Orr, Chief Visionary of Cyon Research
We all know Joel Orr, the famous guy who founded CGW (Computer Graphics World) magazine and then started Cyon Research, a well established analyst and consulting firm. Joel love to look at things in...

dyamically goes into iso view
In the past, when I went from sketch to extrude or extrude cut, my sketch would turn and go into a isometric view automaticaly. Now it just sits there. Is there a on/off switch for this to happen??...
1
1

Macro for Part to Flat Pattern DXF?
Hi, I have a few questions please... hope this makes sense: I need a Macro (or whatever) that can take a SolidWorks Sheetmetal Part file and generate a DXF Flat Pattern. It can work in two parts, i.e....
3
3

DIMENSION OF CIRCLE KEEPS SHOWING IN LINE WITH DIMENSION
, HOW CAN I SHOW A CIRCLE DIMENSION IN THE HORIZONTAL. IT COMES IN, INLINE WITH THE DIMENSION TEXT . IN OTHER WORDS ALL THE DIMENSION ON THE DRAWING IN HORIZONTAL POSTION.
1
1

louvers - standard dimensions
Do any of you know if there is a dimensioning standard for sheet metal louvers? Anything in the ANSI standard or another place? I normally call out from the lower cut edge of the louver to the closest...

Solidworks CDF and Nastran
Does anyone know of a CFD program running in Solidworks that can directly output to Patran, Femap or Nastran? Floworks will only output these formats via Cosmosworks Pro, a very expensive translator....

Equations referencing configuratios possible?
I have a dimension that I would like changed for different configurations. Is it possible to put a reference to a configuration name into a formula - Something like : If (Configuration="A",...
5
5

Suggested Training Materials for newbie Solidworks 2007 User?
Any one care to suggest training materials for a self-teaching newbie? What materials should I start with and end with before going on to receive professional training? I've been using Autodesk...
8
8

Inventor 2008 Professional user to begin Solidworks 2007. Any obvious gotcha's??
I expect to begin self-taught training using Solidworks 2007 within the next month or two. I also expect to be attending professional training. For the self-taught portion of my training, what...
8
8

2007, sp5-EV question
I was interested to read Wayne's post about that pesky mate issue being resolved (finally) in sp5. I just had to go into my options for the second time this week and toggle the selection box to allow...
2
2

OT: ".. lovingly polished with yak butter"
Depending on your sense of humor,.... (don't drink coffee (or tea) while viewing)
4
4

New Hot Key!
Just thought I'd share... can't believe I haven't done this sooner. P - Projected View in drawings. Also, if guys at SW still read here, why can't I set up a hot key for opening a selected part in an...
2
2

Need suggestions for Conveyor Plant layout
I'm engaged in a project where I'm working on designing of conveyors. The conveyor ranges from 10 meters to 25 meters long. I have to design a plant layout where I will be using 5-6 conveyors. Now if...
6
6

Trouble with toolbox and design library
I have just moved SW 2005 sp5 to a different computer. I am running XP as OS. Everything went well with the install and adding the s-paks. I enabled the add in for toolbox and toolbox browser. I can...
3
3