Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dimension Type: Projected vs True
Is there an system or document option that allows the ability to set all new views to use projected dimensions? We are having a problem with named drawing views being set to True, what happens is that...
4
4

Re: ISO9000 CAD numbering
No - but sense doesn't always seem to come into when working to ISO9000. The question is, does the standard explicitly state that we must uniquely number drawings, or can we use a generic numbering...
4
4

SWX does my !"£$%^& head in
AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!! This software does my head in like no other I have ever used before - and I'm not just talking CAD software. My current gripe is as follows:- I frequently have sub-assemblies...
14
14

Creating a 3D "wire" shape driven by 2D sketches
I'm working on a project for a client. They have legacy 2D drawings depicting 3D parts made from bent wire. I'm thinking maybe I should create the 2D sketches, then create a 3D sketch that is simply a...
4
4

My Realview turned off
I am running SW 2007 SP 3.0. I have a Quadro FX 1500. I have been using realview graphics for a while now and then all of a sudden, it stopped working (this morning). In SW, options, performance.......
6
6

OT - Product Design Forum ???
Anyone know what happened to the Product Design Forum? The site has been down for a couple of days. I am jonesing without my daily dose.
6
6

Is this a bug?
SWX 2007 sp3.1 Open a part with the "description" custom property filled in. Do file/save-as/copy and give it a new file name and a new description. The original part has its description changed to...
4
4

Re: anybody using cam software imbedded in solidworks?
Just got done reading their websites. Nice stuff from what I see. Thing is, I'm kinda not sure it's better to be integrated with solidworks? I will admit I'm sick of leaving solidworks to add some...
3
3

Do it real test for SW2007 or SW2006 on your workstation !!!
We don't need the 3D Mark points, this is the better way to understand that SW is still in 1999! Do it like I do: 1. Sketch rectangle 2000x1000 mm (left corner in origin cordiantes 0,0,0) 2. Extrude 1...
7
7

square hole and round hole coincident
I am trying to see the best way to line up a shaft or round hole with a square hole. Do I need to put a centerline between points of the square hole and mate to midpoint of line and axis of shaft?...
7
7

slow drawing rebuilds
Is there a setting or anything I can do to help my slow drawing rebuild time? I have a large assembly and I'm using drawings to layout parts for the assembly but this method seems slow. Sometimes this...
5
5

Nvidia Graphics Cards
Hi - we use SW2007 in our UK based Medical Product design consultancy, looking to upgrade to 2008. We will need to replace our aging PC's with something newer, but our budget is tight. Some of the new...
5
5

Solidcam
Does anyone know how to make a negative angle (undercut) in solidcam?
6
6

Why such an early release of 2008?
It seems to me that SW is now continually putting new users in a position to have to learn to use the first release of SW without much experience base to help them get up to speed. What I am saying is...
6
6

OT: Have X-Wing, will fly!?
Wow, I mean,... it seems crazy but kewl!!?
13
13