Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

die cast unit die library
Hi, I have an extensive library of components and mold bases for injection molds, but my library related to die casting is more limited. I just heard from a customer that they have a large package of...

Moderated Group - SolidMentor.com
I rarely come on usenet anymore to look at because of several clowns that have more or less wrecked this group. Why don't we just all move to Ben Eadie's website? Although it requires login It's...
5
5

Personal Editon and STEP files
Trying to make a STEP file from part file made in the Personal Edition, it will not let me. Anybody know if there is another way. I want to open the step in an older version of SW.
1
1

saving enclosed documents
I need to save an enclosed document from a SolidWorks model or drawing, can I do it with a macro? Or I must directly open the document with its specific application (such as Word if DOC, Excel if...
4
4

Logitech NuLOOQ navigatorâ„¢
I just came across this as I was shopping for a new mouse - has anyone got one or is anyone using one with SWX? Looks a little like the Space Navigator I was just wondering if anyone has compared...
1
1

SolidWroks SolidNetWork License Manager and Windows Small Business Server 2003
My Solidworks SolidNetWork License Manager software is installed on a Windows Small Business Server V2003. Recently, the IT company that manages our systems updated SBS 2003 with a service pack. Since...
1
1

DESIGN TABLES
Anyone know how to find some good tutorials on design tables???? Thanks,
2
2

Solidworks 2007 and Vista
We are locked into Solidworks 2007 for the next 2 years due to program requirements. Part of the program requirements is that we provide engineers to our clients site. To accomplish this we will be...
34
34

Tool > Options > Performance > Image Quality
When i set the quality to a maximum of a particular part then take a look at the assembly... everything is ok/part at high quality setting. Then i open another part from the assembly and set its...
2
2

Dimensioning a 3d sketch with horizontal and vertical dimensions
I am having difficulty with dimensioning some 3d sketches. What I want to do is dimension the elements using dimensions in only a x or y or z directions (I think the term is orthoginal dimensions)....
5
5

Coverting an assy to a part
Is there a way of converting an assembly to a part, retaining the feature history? I want to convert some old "welded" assemblies to multi-body weldment parts, and I can't see that there is a way to...
8
8

PhotoWorks Contest Voting for September
Images for the September PhotoWorks Rendering Contest have been posted for voting. This month, along with professional SolidWorks/PhotoWorks users we have a number of student entries from Dunwoody...

SolidWorksTips.com Newest Addition
All, Just a quick note to all of you in the News Group. First of all thank you for all the support over the past 8 years to We have added a daily Quick Tip on the homepage and also a discussion forum....
1
1

Re: Tom Brewer SolidWorks Training Logic Examined
Your the one that kept saying the $25.00 course was as good or better than the $650.00 course you paid for. In your own words does that make you an idiot? Tom
3
3

Colors
When I right click in the feature tree area and Document Properties comes up, and I go to Colors, the Model/Feature colors window comes up and When I try to edit the different categories...shading,...
4
4