Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Assembly issues
SW07 under XPP, full updates. Create a part with some holes. Turn the part into an assembly. Add fasteners. Create a folder. Move all the fasteners into the folder. Now create a new assembly. Insert...
1
1

How to curve pattern a feature that has split lines + colours?
Hello, I am trying to graphically represnt in effect a series of cylindrial fence posts equally spaced along a 3D curve. The fence posts however need to be multicoloured. There are two ways I have...
3
3

Custom Properties Text Pull down with a predetermined list of Names?
Is this possible? to have the Custom Properties, Text, Pull down with a predetermined list of Names? So that we can select from maybe a Database or text file? Im looking to use this in the place when...
11
11

Camtasia
This may or may not be off topic, if it is I apologize. Does anyone here use Camtasia Studio software for making Solidworks tutorials? I have audio volume problems, in that no matter how high I set...
1
1

Flattening hollow copper tubing
Does anyone here have, or know of a presentation or tutorial for making a model of a flattened end section of soft hollow tubing, like copper tubing, for example. Thanks in advance, G. De Angelis De...
1
1

nVidia FX560 Setup
Hello All, I like to get some input on the setup of a FX560. I am running XPP SP2, Intel E6600 w/ 2 MB Ram. The SW site shows the latest approved driver as 6.14.10.8426 for this graphics card. The...
2
2

OT: Looking for Lenny
I'm looking to contact Leonard Kikstra to ask a question on one of the macros he has on his website. Any help appreciated. Steve R
2
2

KollabNet SolidMap at SWW
Did anyone check out KollabNet's SolidMap, which was at SWW? It's the addin that gives you block diagrams showing relationships between parts and features. I'm nearly positive that we have designed in...
4
4

SolidWorks Design Contest 2006
Hi does anyone knows who own this year solidworks design contest? Thanks
7
7

BOM extraction
Is anybody using a SW addon that will extract BOM data? I know that you can export to excel fro SW and that PDM works ent. will do that but the excel export leave a little to be desired and the PDMw...
1
1

How many configurations are too many?
How many configurations are too many in an assembly that will be inserted multiple times into many different assemblies? I have a small common assembly of 4 parts that I use all the time. 2 of the 4...
6
6

Flat pattern of a mirrored sheet metal part
Flat pattern of a mirrored sheet metal part- I noticed this as a request for enhancement, here is a tip to get your flat pattern, before you mirror the part, just create a drawing and drop your sheet...
3
3

Face/plane mating (3 mates) vs Edge mating (2 mates), better?
I have been using SW for 7 years now and today I learned something that I should have thought of trying many, many years ago. I had learned and always done a common 3 mate approach when constraining...
3
3

Re: CADand Vista
SolidWorks = -89% Catia = -90% Pro/e = -84.5% UGS NX = -98% UGS Teamcenter = -89.1% Maya = -83.9% Now, go show those numbers to your engineering manager and CFO!?!? Ya gotta luv it!?!?!? Cute, really...
4
4

$PARTNUMBER linked to a note
Hi I have a feeling this question has probably been asked before but I've searched and can't find any answer to it. How do you link a note in a title block to a the configuration property $partnumber...