Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Is it possible to search a group of SW drawings for a string of text in a note?
I need to go through several thousand drawings to see which drawings have a note with text containing "ETCH". Is this possible without creating a macro to do this?
12
12

* IN ASSEMBLY VIEW BALLOON?
Forgive if it's been asked before. What does it mean when you have an asterisk (*) in a balloon on an assembly view of a drawing? I can set the balloon to custom and then back to item number and it is...
1
1

What computer resources does SolidWorks 2007 typically starve for?
We bought fairly high-end Dell workstations for CAD folks and they seem to be hurting a little with performance. They are Dual Xeon 3.0 Ghz 800mhz FSB, 2 Gig and a modest NVidia graphics card. 7200...
4
4

SWWorld Day 1 Morning Session: Electric Cars, Levees, and a new U.I!!!
Day 1 started off like last year, it resembled a rock show! The production that goes into the morning sessions is amazing to me. Breakfast was served from 7am, and they opened the doors to the general...
12
12

Directory Units
Is there a macro or equlivent that can cange the units of parts and assemblies in a directory from mm to inches all at once verses going into each part and changing the units? Or perhaps change other...
1
1

Photoworks 2007
If someone would be good enough to have a little patience with a novice at Photoworks, life would be good. I am using Solidworks 2007, just starting to experiment with Photoworks, and my question is...
3
3

Solidworks World Day .5
Solidworks World 2007 Day .5 So why day .5 and not day one? Well the conference doesn't officially kick off until Monday, so we will stick with the terminology! Anyhow, for me today was all about the...
3
3

TOP @ NOLA
Arrived Saturday night. Long drive from Northern Indiana. Went from don't lick metal objects cold to shirtsleeves all in one drive. Absolutely clear weather all the way which really sets off the hills...
3
3

New PC - but it's a gaming PC
Hello again, I want to buy a new PC with a Core 2 Quad Processor and 4 Gig of Ram as this is optimal for using Maxwell Render. I had a look at the Dell Precisions which are very expensive and then I...
3
3

PhotoWorks Rendering Contest Winner for January
The January PhotoWorks Rendering Contest showed a variety of high quality renderings which made the voting difficult. Votes were received steadily the first couple of days and images #13 (Joshua...

help with sheet metal problem
sw2006sp5.1 I've used sheetmetal very little and I'm kind of lost on this part. I'm trying to make a sheet metal part that looks like this sample surface. It would be made on a press brake so the...
8
8

Stock Size
I would also like to know if there is away to quickly get overall dimensions of a part into a table in a drawing? Thanks, Darrell
6
6

Editing of Existing Explode Step(s)
I'm working in SolidWorks 2006, SP4.1 (although this is not a new issue) and must be missing something when it comes to adding a part to an existing explode step in an assembly view. I know the...
3
3

Part and Assembly weight
I was wondering if there is a way to automaticly calculate the weight of a part and enter it into a drawing. Also the part could change and so could the weight. How can I make this work? Any help is...
2
2

DBWorks Administrator Training
For those who went through DBWorks "Administrator Training", How many days would you recommend purchasing?
8
8