Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PNY Nvidia Nightmare
I purchased a new system in November '06 (ASUS Core 2 Duo P5B Deluxe Motherboard, 2GB Ram, PNY Nvidia Quadro FX 1500 Graphics Card), and have had nothing but problems due to the graphics card. The...
15
15

File permission issues in SolidWorks
We have recently have upgraded our network infrastructure by adding a Buffalo TeraStation RAID drive to give us a TeraByte of (cheap) storage. I am storing all my machining fixtures and raw billet...
6
6

Creativity & SolidWorks
Creativity is arguably the most needed feature in a designer's toolkit, and then executing is the next step. Then the tools become important on executing a creative solution where competing demands of...
18
18

custom weldment profiles does'nt work!
i'm trying to learn how to use the custom weldment profile. i created one exactly as is written in the help documentation and SW refuses to switch in a part, a srtuctural member with SW ready made...
3
3

rectangular extruded hole centered on rectangular surface?
I just started with SolidWorks student edition, and have gone through the 30-minute tutorial. That was enough to get me started on much of the stuff I want to do. I'm amazed at how powerful yet...
8
8

Need a Job? Seeking SolidWorks Talent in Dayton Ohio
Growing tool shop seeking talent in Dayton Ohio area. Solidworks experience a must. We want someone that can hit the ground running. We can teach the other stuff. We are growing fast and need...
6
6

Display / Freeze problem Quadro FX3500
I apologize in advance if I'm asking a question that has an obvious answer, but this is the second day I've been struggling to get SW to perform correctly. I'm new to SW but not new to engineering /...
10
10

3GB Switch error - missing hal.dll
Never needed the 3gb switch before and wanted to try it out today. Here's my [operating systems] multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin...
3
3

Disappearing mates in SW 2007
I'm working on an assembly of 20-30 fairly simple parts. The assembly includes a part with a master sketch that is extremely large. I model the parts without external references for the most part. I...
2
2

dims and drawings
I have a number of drawings, simple U shaped brackets, that loose the dimensions when the part is changed. The drawing is fully dimensioned and when I change the model, a simple change, and open the...
1
1

PDMWorks Links
Hello Everyone, I've searched all through the help, and on Solidworks KB. But I cannot find a way to create a file link to a a non Solidworks file. Here's what I'm trying to do. I've created a new...
2
2

Cam-like mate...
Is it possible to do something like a cam mate but without a closed contour? Kinda like a stylus following the grooves in a record or the pins in a lock following the profile of a key?? I'm working on...
6
6

Link custom property value to equation?
Is there a way to link a custom property value to an equation? If not doing it directly that way is there a way to link the value of a custom property to a sketch dimension, then of course I can get...
4
4

SW DOC Manager Issue
I am using a compiled program incorporating the Doc Manager to pull the XML stream of hierarchial data from assembly structures without opening the assemblies into memory. It has works extremly well...
1
1

API : access to item number and item count in BOM
Hello, I cannot find a simple way to retrieve BOM item number and quantity for a given part through API. Can someone help ? I just need some API call names, not full code... Thanks !