Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hard time obtaining a Solidworks Trial Demo CD
Hi Everyone, I have always used AutoCAD mechanical but I am currently evaluating 3D design Software. I have narrowed my choices down to Solidworks, Inventor, or Solid Edge. I have heard good things...
14
14

Always show hidden lines for given component in HLR drawing view
Is there a way to flag a component so that it is always set to show its hidden lines in any drawing view even it that drawing view is set to HLR? We have a standard componet that is used on every...
4
4

Workstation Specs
Hi All, I know that this has come up a few times so please don't shoot me down. I need to get a new workstation, so I'd appreciate some suggestions. I saw on the DELL website their recommended system....
17
17

bom linked to another view
I have a bom in an a print. I want to put a few ballons in a few that the bom is not linked to. The view is a different config, just show less parts for confusion factor. can I add some ballons to...
7
7

3gb switch on Win XP SP2?
Has anyone implemented the 3gb switch on windows xp sp2? I have read that xp sp1 requires a hotfix to be installed, does xp sp2 include this hotfix or does the user still need to download and install...
1
1

Component Configuration Could Not Be Found...HELP PLEASE
Hi, I just uninstalled SW2006, SP5.0 and installed SW 2007, SP0.0 (then updated to SP2.2) and have tried to open a few parts, and am getting the following errors......
10
10

Best mutiuser solution.
Hi all, Our engineering department has 10 seats of SolidWorks and we pay for the full support package. So far we have not upgraded to 2007 as we have been in the middle of some major projects. We...
1
1

How to Change Viewer in 3D Instant Website???
Hi, I only have one "Viewer Format" listed in the "3D Instant Website" Wizard... How do I change it to eDrawings (which is installed and working fine - std & professional)? The "Viewpoint"...
1
1

Output of SW drawings to Colour Acad drawings or colour output of SW plots
I would like to be able to have my SW drawings in colour ( plot as the colours that the parts / assys are ) like autocad does. I know I can change views in a drawing to rendered, but I'm looking for...
1
1

Thread Rolling in Titanium
I need to roll some threads in a blind hole in 6AL-4V titanium. They are about 5/8" holes, about 5/8 deep. Anyone have some guidance on how to do this? Thanks,
14
14

new kind of lockup
I have been getting a new kind of lockup in SolidWorks since we have upgraded to 2007. I am wondering if anyone else out there is experiencing this. The other variable here is we have recently...
13
13

Can this be done?
Can constraints be added like this? A square say 200x200mm with a square hole say 100x100mm centrally placed. A round pin, say 10mm in diameter inserted into this share hole. Constraints added so that...
2
2

CENTER MARKS ON SLOTS
Do any of you have a slick way to add centermarks to slots on a drawing? The centermark needs to be centered on the slot, not the end radii. I'd guess one way would be to use a library feature with a...
3
3

isolate and screen shots
Using a macro to capture a screen shot when isolate is active ignores what is on the screen and shows what would be on the screen if you cancel isolate. Zander
9
9

System Application Resources Exceeded
Should you get this message (in win XP pro), hit 'CTRL+ALT+DEL', go to processes, and End the Solidworks process that's still there (even though Sldwrks never started). FYI. Saw a post with this same...