Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Assembly Using Point and Composite Curves
I have a composite curve made from a helix. It appears that another component with a datum point on it cannot be made to mate with the composite curve. However if the composite curve is straight it...
6
6

Broken Views
Hello All, I have a simple question (OK Wayne you're on. What I want is the opposite if a broken view, where instead of breaking out the middle and leaving the end, I want to break off the ends and...
10
10

Mass by default in Weldment properties + Cut List ?
We need a "Mass" or "Weight" column in all cut tables displayed in drawings, which requires each weldment in the part to have a "MASS" custom property which can be automatically updated through a...

OT: Sheetmetal vendor in USA
I'm currently working with a client who intends to manufacture a sheetmetal product in the USA, cheaper than shipping apparently. Could someone here recommend a company? The product can mostly be...
6
6

SolidWorks BOM cell hight?
A recuring problem that I hope there is a simple solution for. Insert a BOM and because of the column width some of the cells wrap the text. I adjust the width so that there is no wrap but the height...
3
3

Parasolids
Can anyone get the following Parasoilds (x_t) file to display? Thanks, Ike File name: test6.zip Description: test6.x_t Download: Size: 0.8MB
2
2

lost a day due to this bug....
It happened again - (first time about 2 months ago) Short version: Open a drawing when you don't have all the parts referenced in the drawing already opened and (sometimes) solidworks will lock up....
16
16

Is it possible to delete a sheet using API code?
I have a DXF macro that creates a sheet, then exports it in DXF format. I would like to delete the sheet after the DXF is saved. Is this possible? I dont see this option in API help.
3
3

export to dxf tip
Just wanted to share this with the whole group. I've been exporting sheet metal flat patterns out to dxf, (into ACAD 2000LT) from SW since '99 and never had seen this. This tip, using "edit/copy to...
3
3

My Current Wish list for SolidWorks
My Current Abbreviated SolidWorks Wish list: It would be nice to see most if not all of what data is scattered throughout SW into an easy to use central location... this should be true not only for...
5
5

Is it Possible to Transfer Structural Steel Toolbox to Weldments?
Hi, Is it possible to transfer/add the structural components from the beam calculator (or toolbox) to the structural components under weldments... so you can use them with a 3D sketch... like the...
6
6

ADV: Productivity tools in AutoCAD
G E O T O O L S 7.16 C O M M A N D S S N A P S H O T -------------------------------------------------------------------- GeoTools is an add-on program for AutoCAD 2007/2006/2005/2004/2002/2000i and...
1
1

Hex Panel Nuts
Does anyone know the dimensions for Hex Panel Nuts? I need both Inch and Metric but mostly 30mm. These nuts dont seem to be in the toolbox. Thanks, Ed
1
1

Knitting Surfaces
I have created a model that is enclosed and is all surfaces. It is a motorcycle gas tank actually. I have used the 'Knit' command to stitch together all the surfaces. I clicked on the 'Try to create a...
3
3

Job offer: Control Engineer in Chicago
Here are the qualifications for the position: The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years experience in processes and process controls, electrical principles and systems, electrical and pneumatic...
1
1